Woodbridge Golf Club
Date: August 7 - 9, 2020
Host Club: Woodbridge Golf Club
Address: 7400 Country Club Dr., Wylie, TX 75098
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Coordinator, David Kissane
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 16, 2020 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: July 31, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: July 8, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Entry Fee: $290
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers residing in the North Texas region (31’ parallel. Salado, TX and South is the break point) with a certified WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, July 8 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 54 holes of Individual Stroke Play. The field is limited to 84 players.
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddie for the competition. Caddies must abide by the host facility dress code. NEW FOR 2020: While a caddie is not prohibited from riding in the cart, the TGA has adopted a ‘one-seat’ policy as explained below.
Transportation *NEW FOR 2020*: The TGA has adopted the "One-Seat" Policy. The “one-seat” policy allows either the player or the player’s caddie to ride in or move a golf cart, but not at the same time. The player and the player’s caddie are not allowed to ride in the same or separate carts at the same time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player in it, so long as the player’s caddie is not riding in another cart at that time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player’s caddie in it, so long as the player whose caddie is in the cart is not riding in another cart at the same time. As a reminder, players are responsible for the actions of their caddie.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, June 16
9:00AM - Entries Open
Wednesday, July 8
5:00PM - Exempt Deadline Closes
Friday, August 7
8:00 AM - Round 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Saturday, August 8
8:00 AM - Round 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Sunday, August 9
8:00 AM - Round 3 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Following Play - Awards Presentation
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Top five (5) players on current year’s Medalist North Points List;
b) Last five (5) North Amateur Champions;
c) Last five (5) North Mid-Amateur Champions;
d) Current year’s North Senior Amateur Champion (Senior Division);
e) Top ten (10) finishers (and ties) in previous year’s North Amateur;
f) Three (3) Host Club exemptions.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes