99th Women’s Texas Amateur Set for July 7-10
The 99th Women’s Texas Amateur is set to return to the University of Texas Golf Club for the second time in its decorated history. The best collegiate players in Texas, the most skilled juniors and proven mid-amateurs and seniors will all put themselves to the test at the most prestigious female amateur championship in the state from July 7-10.
The Women’s Texas Amateur is conducted over four days, with six rounds of golf. The championship begins with an 18-hole, stroke play qualifier. The top-32 players advance to the Championship Match Play Bracket. The rest of the field is divided into match play flights.
From there, the tournament takes on a virtual March Madness-like feel. In match play, it’s one-on-one competition. And, just like the NCAA Tournament, success in the Women’s Texas Amateur carries the same “win or go-home” mentality. It doesn’t matter how a player wins or what total score she shoots. The only thing that counts is beating her opponent and moving on to the next round.
It takes five match play victories over three days to win the Women’s Texas Amateur.
“The Women’s Texas Amateur at UT Golf Club will be a great test of stamina and focus,” Director of Women’s Operations Amy Worthington said. “The TGA is excited to be returning to one of the best golf courses in the state and crown a worthy champion of our most prestigious women’s event on schedule.”
The TGA staff continues to monitor the health and safety guidelines from government officials in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. Following new strict health guidelines, the TGA has successfully managed three safe and competitive Legends Junior Tour championships and three 111th Texas Amateur qualifiers. The TGA is committed to another safe and successful week at UT Golf Club.
Hanna Alberto of Kingwood won last year’s Women’s Texas Amateur at Bent Tree Country Club. The senior at Sam Houston State displayed brilliant ball-striking and unwavering nerves on her way to a 1-up Championship Match victory against San Antonio’s Faith Summers. Alberto won all four matches comfortably en route to the final match. She only had to play the par-5 18th once. She won 5&4, 3&2, 3&2, and 2-up before closing out the title in the Championship Match.
Since it opened for play in 2003, UT Golf Club has always had a championship pedigree. The Austin-based club hosted the 2010 Women’s Texas Amateur which was won by Texas A&M standout Sarah Zwartynski of Allen. It is the home of the University of Texas Men’s and Women’s golf teams, including the 2012 NCAA Men’s Golf National Champions. The Bechtol Russell design has also hosted NCAA Regional Championships, the Betsy Rawls Invitational and the Legends Junior Tour’s George Hannon Junior Invitational.
Championship golf and champion golfers go hand-in-hand at UT Golf Club. Over the years, the club has welcomed some of the highest profile players in the game of golf. These include 3-time major champion Jordan Spieth, PGA Tour winners Dylan Frittelli, Cody Gribble and Jhonattan Vegas, 2019 Korn Ferry Tour Player of the Year Scottie Scheffler, 2017 U.S. Women’s Amateur Champion Sophia Schubert and the 13th ranked female amateur in the world Kaitlyn Papp.
Once again, UT Golf Club will welcome some of the best players in Texas. Follow this year’s Women’s Texas Amateur at www.txga.org for up-to-date news and information, including live scoring and daily recaps, as well as starting times and pairings. Also, visit the TGA’s feeds on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on the 99th Women’s Texas Amateur, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes