Gregg, Cao, O’Rear Win At Flodder Financial Shootout
Briefly: Ben Gregg of Dallas wins the Boys 15-18 Division of the Flodder Financial Shootout at 9-under-par 135. Natalie Cao of Sugar Land wins the Girls 12-18 Division out at the Club at Falcon Point, while Rhett O’Rear of Plano wins the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Boys 15-18 Division
- Ben Gregg, Dallas 135
2. Kaelen Dulany, Keller 138
3. Christian Clark, Dallas 139
4. Jack Gilbert, Houston 140
5. Andrew Baucum, Heath 141
- Natalie Cao, Sugarland 141
T2. Maelynn Kim, Katy 142
T2. Lauren Nguyen, Katy 142
4. Bentley Cotton, Austin 143
5. Mimi Burton, Boerne 146
Boys 14 & Under
- Rhett O’Rear, Plano 145
2. Bowen Ballis, Shenandoah 149
T3. Brooks Simmons, Dallas 153
T3. Finn Burkholder, The Woodlands 153
T5. Austin Hofferkamp, The Woodlands 151
Winners: Ben Gregg, Natalie Cao and RyanO’Rear all claimed their first LJT victories at this year’s Flodder Financial Shootout. Gregg’s victory came over a strong field by posting rounds of 5-under 67 and 4-under 68. His 12 birdies for the event netted him a three-stroke victory. Cao’s win can be attributed to her strong final round where she posted a score of 3-under 69. She made 10 birdies over the two rounds with only two of them coming on the same hole. O’Rear posted a winning score of 145 which consisted of rounds of 72-73 in the Boys 14 & Under Division. He tallied eight birdies over the two days to secure a four-shot victory.
In Contention: Keller’s Kaelen Dulany birdied his last four holes of the tournament to finish in second at 6-under 138. Dallas’ Christian Clark finished in third place at 5-under 139 while Jack Gilbert of Houston made five straight birdies between holes 13-17 in his final round to finish in forth place at 4-under 140. Heath’s Andrew Baucum rounded out the top five at 3-under 141. Katy residents Lauren Nguyen and Maelynn Kim finished tied for third in the Girls 12-18 Division at 2-under 142. Austin’s Bentley Cotton finished in fourth at 1-under 143, and Mimi Burton rounded out the top five at 2-over 146. Bowen Ballis of Shenandoah amassed seven birdies for the event which was good enough for solo second at 3-over par 149. Dallas’ Brooks Simmons and Finn Burkholder of the Woodlands finished tied for third at 9-over 153.
Golf Course: The Club at Falcon Point is hosting the Flodder Financial Shootout for the second time in as many years. The duo of Bruce Devlin and Robert von Hagge designed the par-72 layout, which features 18 holes that tests the full bag of each golfer.
Weather: After a mild morning, temperatures heated up in the afternoon with a high of 93 but the blue skies and still winds allowed for some low final round scores.
Tournament Format: The Flodder Financial Shootout is a 36-hole stroke-play event for players ages 12-19 that have an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The event is divided into three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Tournament History: This is the eight year of the Flodder Financial Shootout, but the list of past champions is one of the strongest on the Legends Junior Tour. Walker Lee and Cole Hammer are past champions and have both gone on to qualify for and compete in a U.S. Open Championship. Other past champions include Travis Vick, Isha and Ashni Druva, Scott Roden, Michael Perras, Garrett Martin, Macy Fox, Treed Huang, and Elina Sinz.
Tournament Exemptions: All players that finish in the top half of each division will earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek.
Next Up: The Legends Junior Tour heads to the DFW area with the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship at Brookhaven Country Club on June 29-30. Qualifying for the Texas Junior Amateur Boys Division gets underway throughout the state next week.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!14 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes