Omni Barton Creek – Fazio Foothills
Texas Father-Son Crowns Co-Champions
AUSTIN – Matt and Will Griffin of San Antonio and Kyle and Derick Kelting of Amarillo were crowned Texas Father-Son co-champions at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s Fazio Foothills on Sunday. Both teams finished the tournament at 12-under-par 276, and due to current TGA health and safety guidelines, championship playoffs are not being conducted. READ MORE
Date: July 10–12, 2020
Host Club: Omni Barton Creek (Fazio – Foothills Course)
Address: 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735
Phone: (512) 329-7999
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Ian Davis
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: July 1, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: June 17, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $650 (team)
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas with a WHS Handicap Index of 18.0 or less. To be eligible teams must consist of blood or legal relationship (stepfather/stepson). Teams consisting of “in-laws” are not permitted. Both father and son must be a member of a TGA member club with a WHS Handicap Index and both must be a current resident of the state of Texas. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competitions.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, June 17 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with a waitlisted entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. After the close of entries, teams that withdraw will be filled based on the waitlist, regardless of division. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
Format/Field Size: The field will be limited to 60 teams. The Championship Division will consist of a maximum of 30 teams. These teams will play Four-Ball Stroke Play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the Championship Division will be separated into two flights. The low 50% (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the field round to determine the overall champion. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of Four-Ball Stroke Play for their final round. Teams will carry their 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54-hole total will determine the winner.
Note: A team may opt out of the Championship Division during the registration process or by notifying the TGA before the entry close date. A team may not opt out after the entries close.
See Tournament information tab for complete details.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a. A father or son who is a past TGA Father-Son Overall Champion within the last 10 years (This exemption may be used by the father or the son, the pair does not have to play together but they are limited to a single exemption for the championship):
b. Previous year’s flight winners:
c. Two (2) Host Club Exemptions:
|Wind:||From N at 4.7 MPH|
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes