Omni Barton Creek – Fazio Foothills
Texas Father-Son Crowns Co-Champions
AUSTIN – Matt and Will Griffin of San Antonio and Kyle and Derick Kelting of Amarillo were crowned Texas Father-Son co-champions at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s Fazio Foothills on Sunday. Both teams finished the tournament at 12-under-par 276, and due to current TGA health and safety guidelines, championship playoffs are not being conducted. READ MORE
Date: July 10–12, 2020
Host Club: Omni Barton Creek (Fazio – Foothills Course)
Address: 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735
Phone: (512) 329-7999
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Ian Davis
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: July 1, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: June 17, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $650 (team)
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas with a WHS Handicap Index of 18.0 or less. To be eligible teams must consist of blood or legal relationship (stepfather/stepson). Teams consisting of “in-laws” are not permitted. Both father and son must be a member of a TGA member club with a WHS Handicap Index and both must be a current resident of the state of Texas. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competitions.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, June 17 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with a waitlisted entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. After the close of entries, teams that withdraw will be filled based on the waitlist, regardless of division. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
Format/Field Size: The field will be limited to 60 teams. The Championship Division will consist of a maximum of 30 teams. These teams will play Four-Ball Stroke Play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the Championship Division will be separated into two flights. The low 50% (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the field round to determine the overall champion. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of Four-Ball Stroke Play for their final round. Teams will carry their 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54-hole total will determine the winner.
Note: A team may opt out of the Championship Division during the registration process or by notifying the TGA before the entry close date. A team may not opt out after the entries close.
See Tournament information tab for complete details.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a. A father or son who is a past TGA Father-Son Overall Champion within the last 10 years (This exemption may be used by the father or the son, the pair does not have to play together but they are limited to a single exemption for the championship):
b. Previous year’s flight winners:
c. Two (2) Host Club Exemptions:
|Wind:||From NNW at 6.91 MPH|
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes