Omni Barton Creek – Fazio Foothills
Texas Father-Son Crowns Co-Champions
AUSTIN – Matt and Will Griffin of San Antonio and Kyle and Derick Kelting of Amarillo were crowned Texas Father-Son co-champions at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s Fazio Foothills on Sunday. Both teams finished the tournament at 12-under-par 276, and due to current TGA health and safety guidelines, championship playoffs are not being conducted. READ MORE
Date: July 10–12, 2020
Host Club: Omni Barton Creek (Fazio – Foothills Course)
Address: 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735
Phone: (512) 329-7999
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Ian Davis
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: July 1, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: June 17, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $650 (team)
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas with a WHS Handicap Index of 18.0 or less. To be eligible teams must consist of blood or legal relationship (stepfather/stepson). Teams consisting of “in-laws” are not permitted. Both father and son must be a member of a TGA member club with a WHS Handicap Index and both must be a current resident of the state of Texas. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competitions.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exemption deadline of Wednesday, June 17 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with a waitlisted entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. After the close of entries, teams that withdraw will be filled based on the waitlist, regardless of division. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
Format/Field Size: The field will be limited to 60 teams. The Championship Division will consist of a maximum of 30 teams. These teams will play Four-Ball Stroke Play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the Championship Division will be separated into two flights. The low 50% (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the field round to determine the overall champion. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of Four-Ball Stroke Play for their final round. Teams will carry their 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54-hole total will determine the winner.
Note: A team may opt out of the Championship Division during the registration process or by notifying the TGA before the entry close date. A team may not opt out after the entries close.
See Tournament information tab for complete details.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a. A father or son who is a past TGA Father-Son Overall Champion within the last 10 years (This exemption may be used by the father or the son, the pair does not have to play together but they are limited to a single exemption for the championship):
b. Previous year’s flight winners:
c. Two (2) Host Club Exemptions:
|Wind:||From E at 4.61 MPH|
- Timeline Photos What an amazing week at the #Masters2021 for Will Zalatoris, 2nd place in his first-ever start at Augusta National! Will won the 105th Texas Amateur in 2014 & has often said it was his first major amateur victory. Congrats, Will! ... 56 Likes
- Augusta Jam & Mayors Masters Experience | April 7 - 10, 2021 We are excited to be a part of Augusta Jam & The Mayor’s Masters Experience presented by Toyota USA hosted in the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Clubhouse.
🔊 COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Join us this week to celebrate ... 1 CommentsMayor's Masters Experience Thank you! ✨ #MME20212 Likes
- Auto Shot Tracking with Apple Watch As an official partner of Golfshot GPS, we're excited to announce their newest feature, Auto Shot Tracking for Apple Watch. This feature auto-detects your swing and tracks your shots right from your Apple Watch.
Follow the link to see how ...
- Eight Drive, Chip & Putt Champions Crowned at Augusta Four boys and four girls ages 7-15 were crowned champions on Sunday at the 2021 Drive, Chip & Putt National Finals at Augusta National Golf Club. 6 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for this incredible #TexasTuesdayDeal - brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X Short Par 4. Get your #GolfBuddy w/ voice today and save $90! Want more deals? Sign up for the #TGAPlayersBox today and save ... 3 Likes
- Local links: Maulana Dotch becomes first Black woman PGA member to serve as GM of... Congrats to one of our state's best golf pros! Well deserved & good luck, Maulana!
Follow the link to read about Maulana Dotch's incredible journey on becoming the first Black woman PGA member to serve as GM of golf facility. 8 Likes
- Practice round is underway at Moody Garends Golf Course for the 2021 #WomensEclectic. The Texas Golf Association is looking forward to hosting a safe and competitive championship. Good luck to all competitors this week!
🔗Learn More: ￼ https://www.txga.org/tga-womens-eclectic-texas-golf-association/ 2 Likes
- PGA TOUR Superstore to Sponsor TGA’s Fun Golf Series 📢 PGA TOUR Superstore to Sponsor TGA’s Fun Golf Series
We are excited to announce PGA TOUR Superstore will be the presenting sponsor of our annual #FunGolf Series for the 2021 season! Follow the link to learn more about this ... 1 CommentsAwesome! And Fun Golf is for EVERYONE.4 Likes
- Black History Month: Gregory Overcame Obstacles to Play in 27 USGA Championships Black History Month: Gregory Overcame Obstacles to Play in 27 USGA Championships 3 Likes