Omni Barton Creek – Fazio Foothills
July 10 – 12
Date: July 10-12, 2020
Host Club: Omni Barton Creek – Fazio Foothills
Address: 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735
Phone: (512) 329-7999
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Ian Davis
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: July 1, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: June 17, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $650 (team)
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers in Texas with a WHS Handicap index of 18.0 or less. To be eligible teams must consist of blood or legal relationship (stepfather/stepson). Teams consisting of ‘in-laws’ are not permitted. Both father and son must be a member of a TGA member club with a WHS Handicap Index and both must be a current resident of the state of Texas. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures and Terms of Conditions.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) A father or son who is a past Texas Father-Son Overall Champion within the last 10 years. (This exemption may be used by the father or the son; the pair does not have to play together but they are limited to a single exemption for the championship);
b) Previous year’s flight winners;
c) Two (2) Host Club exemptions
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exempt deadline of Wednesday, June 17 at 5:00 p.m. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field or division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. After the clos of entries, teams that withdraw will be filled based on the waitlist, regardless of division. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to TGA Policies and Procedures.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
Format/Field Size and Cut: The field will be limited to 80 teams. The Championship Division will consist of a maximum 40 teams. These teams will play four-ball stroke play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the Championship Division will be separated into two flights. The top 50 percent (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the final round. The team with the lowest 54-hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of four-ball stroke play for their final round. Teams will carry theu 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the winner.
Note: A team may opt out of the Championship Division during the registration process or by notifying the TGA before the entry close date. A team may not opt out after the entries close.
All Other Flights: They will play a net four-ball for each round. The TGA reserves the right to adjust players’ handicaps if necessary. Teams will be pre-flighted for all championship rounds based on combined player’s LHI “Low Handicap Index” from the July 1, 2019 to July 1, 2020 e-Revisions. Each player will receive handicap strokes allocated after taking 80 percent of their LHI course handicap. Dots on the scorecard indicate a handicap stroke on that hole. Any player that has a + (plus sign) on their scorecard will add a stroke to that hole (USGA Handicap Manual Dec. 9-3a/3).
Approximate Yardages: Championship Division will play from approx. 6,800 yards with net flights playing from approx. 6,300 yards.
2020 Final Round Pairing Order: The Championship Flight and President Flight will be in the morning wave for the final round on Sunday.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) complimentary practice round on Thursday, July 9 only. Please must contact the host club golf shop fon or after July 1 to schedule a practice round tee time
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first and second rounds will be made available no later than Monday, July 6 online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddies for the competition. Caddies must abide by the host facility dress code. Caddies must walk during the championship, they will not be allowed to ride in a cart.
TGA Cart Policy: Information regarding the use and availability of transportation varies between TGA Championships – refer to Tournament Information for the championship in question. Please be advised that in championships where carts are provided, players are encouraged to utilize motorized transportation. In doing so, carts will be limited to two (2) carts per group. Caddies will not be allowed to ride in a cart during this championship.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Score Posting: At the conclusion of each round each player’s score will be automatically posted to the World Handicap System. Please do not enter your own scores from the competitive rounds, as this will result in a double post.
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Omni Barton Creek unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Thursday, July 9
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Practice Rounds
Friday, July 10
7:30 AM – Round 1 Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
12:30 PM – Round 1 Wave 2 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Saturday, July 11
7:30 AM – Round 2 Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
12:30 PM – Round 2 Wave 2 begins ( #1 & #10 tees)
Following Play – Field re-paired for final round
Sunday, July 12
7:30 AM – Final Round Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
12:30 PM – Final Round Wave 2 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ...
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ...
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ...
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below.
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard