Texas League Play
Horseshoe Bay Resort
August 27 – 30
TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY FAQ’S
What is Texas League Play?
The TGA created Texas League Play in 2006 as a way for member clubs to engage in a fun and friendly competition against one another each spring. Teams compete in conferences made up of four different clubs in a home and away series with each club for a total of six regular season matches. The team with the best conference record then advances to compete against other conference winners from across the state for the overall title.
Who can play?
League Play is open to all clubs & courses (public and private) that are current members of the Texas Golf Association. It is open to male amateur golfers that are full dues paying members of the club. PGA Professionals which are employed by the club are also encouraged to participate. (Only one pro may play in any given match.)
When does the season begin and end?
Registration for the 2020 Season opens on January 7 and closes on March 13. The Regular Season will begin on June 16 and all matches must be completed by August 18 at the latest.
What is the format?
A team match consist of 8 players from a team competing in (4) separate four-ball matches against the opposing club. Each four-ball match is worth a total of 3 points using a nassua scoring system. The team earning 6.5 or more points out of the 12 available, wins the overall team match. If a club pro does play, he must play in the #1 position in the match to ensure they play against the opposing team’s Pro or best amateur.
Are handicaps used?
Yes. The first four-ball match is played at scratch with no strokes given or received. All other matches use a players Low Handicap Index (LHI) and which is used to calculate a player’s Course Handicap. Players Low Handicap Index from the last 12 months is used for league play matches. League Play stopped using Current Handicap Indexes in 2013.
How are groups formed?
Clubs are encouraged to establish their own conference by contacting three other clubs they wish to compete against during the regular season. If all four clubs agree, a group entry form must be submitted to the TGA by the entry deadline. If a team wishes to play but does not have a group, the TGA will attempt to establish a conference with those teams where geographically desirable.
Where are conferences established?
In the past, conferences have been established in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and West Texas, however conferences can be established anywhere as long as there are four TGA member clubs willing to participate with each other. Playoffs? Conference winners earn an invitation to participate in the League Play Finals which is a single elimination tournament. The playoffs take place at Horseshoe Bay Resort the weekend following Memorial Day. Eliminated teams receive discounted green fees throughout the weekend to make the trip to Horseshoe Bay a great golf trip regardless of the outcome.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes