Date: October 2-4, 2020
Host Club: Oak Hills Country Club
Address: 5403 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78229
Host Club Phone: (210) 349-5151
TGA Staff Contact: Director of Competitions, John Cochran IV
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: July 8, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: July 8, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Weekday Qualifying Free: $110
Weekend Qualifying Fee: $140
Exempt Entry Fee: $260
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas, age 25 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a certified WHS Handicap Index of 8.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
- Last five (5) Texas Mid-Amateur Champions;
- Top 15 finishers (and ties) in the current year’s Texas Amateur;
- Last five (5) Texas Amateur Champions;
- Top 20 finishers in the previous year’s Texas Mid-Amateur;
- Low Mid-Master in previous year’s Mid-Amateur;
- Current year Mid-Amateur Match Play Winner & Runner-Up & Seminfinalists;
- Top 10 finishers (and ties) on the previous year’s TGA Statewide Player of the Year Points List;
- Three (3) host club exemptions;
- Low Mid-Master in current year’s TGA Regional Mid-Amateurs (Canceled);
- Top three (3) finishers (and ties) in the current year’s TGA Regional Mid-Amateur, not already exempt, within the top ten (10) finishers (Canceled);
- Top two (2) finishers & ties in current year’s TGA Regional Amateurs, not already exempt, within the top ten (10) finishers;
- Previous year’s Texas Senior Amateur Champion;
- Previous year’s TGA North and South Region Player of the Year;
- Top five (5) players on the previous year’s TGA State Player of the Year Points list;
- Top two (2) Mid-Aamteur finishers in the current year’s West Texas Amateur;
- Current Year’s TGA Medalist North, TGA Medalist Hill Country and Medalist Golf Association (Houston) Player of the Year as of September 1st, not otherwise exempt;
- Previous year’s Senior Player of the Year;
- Previous year’s U.S. Mid-Amateur Match Play qualifiers;
- Top 1500 in the R&A/USGA World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) at time of entry.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
Format/Field Size: 54 holes of stroke play. At the completion of 36 holes the field is cut to the low 54 players and ties. The field is limited to 132 players.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds including the championship practice round. The entry fee also includes championship gifts, breakfast and lunch during all competitive rounds, and food/beverage at the Player Reception.
Hotel: TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1)complimentary practice round on Thursday, October 1 only. Players must contact the Oaks Hills Golf Shop on or after Thursday, September 24th to schedule a practice round tee time.
Registration Information: Player registration will be held on Thursday, October 1 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. If a player cannot make registration, he must notify a TGA Official that he is unable to make the registration deadline, but will be competing in the championship. Those players not contacting a TGA Official by 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 1 are subject to forfeiting their playing position.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first round will be made no later than Monday, September 29 online at www.txga.org. Third and final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride throughout the 2020 Texas Mid-Amateur. There will be a maximum of two carts per group. Players riding in shared carts will be required to wear a mask. Players may walk at any time and will not be required to wear a mask if socially distant.
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddie for the competition. Caddies must abide by the host facility dress code.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Director of Competitions – South Texas, John Cochran IV, [email protected].
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at Oak Hills Country Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Thursday, October 1
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Registration & Practice Rounds
8:00 AM – Practice Round Starting Times (#1 Tee)
6:00 PM – Golf Course Closes
6:30 PM – Player Reception
Friday, October 2
8:00 AM – Round 1, Wave 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Player Lunch
1:00 PM – Round 1, Wave 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tess)
Saturday, October 3
8:00 AM – Round 2, Wave 1 Begins
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Player Lunch
1:00 PM — Round 2, Wave 2 Begins
Following Play – Field cut to low 54 players (and ties)
Sunday, October 4
8:00 AM – Final Round Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Following Play – Award Presentation