Date: September 25-27, 2020
Host Club: Ridgewood Country Club
Address: 7301 Fish Pond, Waco, TX 76710
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Chris Untiedt
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 30, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: August 19, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Deadline: August 19, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $325
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas age 55 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a WHS Handicap Index of 6.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 54 holes of individual stroke play. All players will be competing in one division from the same tees and yardage. The field is limited to 144 players. At the completion of the 36 holes, the field will be cut to the low 54 players and ties.
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddie for the competition. Caddies must abide by the host facility dress code. NEW FOR 2020: While a caddie is not prohibited from riding in the cart, the TGA has adopted a ‘one-seat’ policy as explained below.
Transportation *NEW FOR 2020*: The TGA has adopted the "One-Seat" Policy. The “one-seat” policy allows either the player or the player’s caddie to ride in or move a golf cart, but not at the same time. The player and the player’s caddie are not allowed to ride in the same or separate carts at the same time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player in it, so long as the player’s caddie is not riding in another cart at that time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player’s caddie in it, so long as the player whose caddie is in the cart is not riding in another cart at the same time. As a reminder, players are responsible for the actions of their caddie.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 24
9:00 a.m. - Practice Rounds Begin
Friday, September 25
8:00 a.m. – Round 1, Wave 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Player Lunch
12:30 p.m. – Round 1, Wave 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Saturday, September 26
8:00 a.m. – Round 2, Wave 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Player Lunch
12:30 p.m. – Round 2, Wave 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Sunday, September 27
8:00 a.m. – Final Round Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Following Play – Awards Presentation
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a. Last five (5) Texas Senior Amateur Champions: Gary Durbin, Lewis Stephenson (2018 and 2016), Ed Brooks, Mike Booker
b. Top 20 (and ties) in previous year’s Senior Amateur: Gary Durbin, Kip Estep, John Pierce, Craig Hurlbert, Mike Lohner, John Dowdall, Mike Booker, Larry Nunez, David Ortego, Lewis Stephenson, Chris Hartenstein, Pat Stayer, Titus Harris, Pat Youngs, Wayne Wright, John Grace, John Kennedy, John Donahue, Jerry Hudgins, William Shock, John Derrick
c. Finished in the top 20 (and ties) in current year’s Texas Amateur or previous year’s Mid-Amateur: TBD (Texas Amateur - August 6-9), None from 2019 Texas Mid-Amateur
d. Any player that qualified for the final field of the current and previous year’s U.S. Senior Open and/or U.S. Senior Amateur: Tony Soerries (ineligible), Ken Coutant, Kip Estep, Jerry Slagle, Bob Kearney, Titus Harris, Ron Kilby, Vern Spurlock, Steven Johnson
e. Top five (5) finishers (and ties) in current year’s West Texas Amateur: TBD (July 17-19)
f. Top fifteen (15) finishers (and ties) in the current year’s Regional Senior Amateurs: N/A (2019 North and South Regional Seniors canceled due to COVID-19)
g. Low two (2) Seniors that make the cure in the current year’s Texas Amateur: TBD (August 6-9)
h. Previous year’s Statewide Senior Player of the Year: John Pierce
i. Current year Mid-Amateur Match Play winner and runner-up: TBD (July 23-26)
j. Top three (3) finishers (and ties) in the current year’s Super Senior Amateur: N/A (2019 Texas Super Senior Amateur canceled due to COVID-19)
k. Three (3) Host Club exemptions: TBD, TBD, TBD
For complete past results, click here.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in this field. Exempt players must complete their registration for the event by the published exemption deadline or they will lose their spot in the field.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post John Derrick Wins the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur
WACO – Most golfers know how important course knowledge is when it comes to certain venues. The trickier the track, the more crucial it is to know the lay of the land. ... 6 CommentsRussell Cox Well played John. There was some great players in the tournament and the course playing its most difficult.Anthony Ray Johnson Congrats Johnny D!Woody Rogers Congrats JD!!24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Craig Hurlbert Leads 83rd Texas Senior Amateur through 36 Holes
WACO – Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia is 18 holes away from his fifth amateur victory of the year. He says the key for him to win the 83rd Texas Senior ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ... 4 Likes
- Round 1 of the 83rd #TexasSeniorAm is underway at Ridgewood Country Club. Follow your favorite senior amateurs' progress with our live, hole-by-hole scoring: https://t.co/XasNhndFBa 1 CommentsEllen Bordelon Derrick Don Bord here is where you can follow the scores!4 Likes
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes