Date: November 20 - 22, 2020
Host Club: Riverhill Country Club
Address: 100 Riverhill Club Ln., Kerville, TX 78028
Phone: (830) 896-1400
TGA Staff Contact: Andrea Daly, Tournament Manager
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: September 22, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: November 11, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $700 per team
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas age 21 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a WHS Handicap Index of 20.0 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received. After the close of entries, teams that withdraw will be filled based on the wait list. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field.
Format/Field Size: The field will be limited to 56 teams. Play will be contested over 54 holes of modified Stableford scoring with 18 holes per day. Teams will be pre-flighted based on the two players' combined LHI "Low Handicap Index." Handicap indexes used for all championship rounds will come from each player's LHI from January 1, 2020 (first day of World Handicap System) to November 11, 2020 (close of entries). Each player's playing handicap will then be calculated after taking 90% of their Low Handicap Index. See the "Scoring" section for more information on the calculation of Team Quota's.
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship. Players are responsible for supplying their own caddie for the competition. Caddies must abide by host facility dress code.
Transportation: *NEW FOR 2020*: The TGA has adopted the "One-Seat" Policy. The "one-seat" policy allows either the player or the player's caddie to ride in or move a golf cart, but not at the same time. The player and the player's caddie are not allowed to ride in the same or separate carts at the same time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player in it, so long as the player's caddies is not riding in another cart at that time. The player can ride in or move a golf cart with another player's caddies in it, so long as the player whose caddies is in the cart is not riding in another cart at the same time. As a reminder, players are responsible for the actions of their caddie.
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, September 22
9:00 AM - Entries Open
Wednesday, November 11
5:00 PM - Entries Close
Thursday, November 19
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Registration & Practice Rounds
8:00 AM - Practice Rounds Starting Times - #1 Tee
6:30 PM - Golf Course Closes
6:30 PM - Player Cocktail Reception
7:00 PM - Player Banquet
Friday, November 20
6:45 AM - Practice Facilities Open
7:30 AM - Round 1 Begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Saturday, November 21
6:45 AM - Practice Facilities Open
7:30 AM - Round 2 Begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Sunday, November 22
6:45 AM - Practice Facilities Open
7:30 AM - Final Round Begins (#1 & #10 tees)
After Play - Awards Presentation
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us on Dec. 1 at Crown Colony Golf & Pro Shop for our 2-Person Scramble TGA #FunGolf Play Day! This 18-hole "Crown Jewel" is a fantastic getaway for any #golf enthusiast! Nestled in the tall pine trees of #EastTexas, ... 2 Likes
- Lone Star Golf October 2020Engage with the TGA: Texas Bucket List What's on your #TexasGolf bucket list? Take our brief survey for your chance to win a #FunGolf Play Day for two at one of our upcoming Dec. 1 Play Days. Follow the #LoneStarGolf link for details!
- 5 Things to Know: Fall Golf and World Handicap System October often signals the end of the season for many golfers, but opportunities still remain to post scores toward your Handicap Index. Here are 5 things to know about fall golf. 1 Likes
- TGA Players Box #THANKYOU for a record-breaking sellout this #TexasTuesday! Stay tuned for November's Texas Tuesday deal. Skip the wait & keep the deals coming when you sign up for the #TGAPlayersBox. Enjoy $30 off your first box when you join by Oct. ... 1 Likes
- 👏 Congratulations, Ashley Yen, on receiving the 2020 USGA-AJGA Presidents' Leadership Award! You are truly a leader on and off the course! Way to represent the state of Texas!
🔗 Learn More: https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/articles/2020/10/usga-ajga-presidents-leadership-award-2020-yen-creamean.html#returnable
Legends Junior Tour | United States Golf ... 1 CommentsCongrats Ashley!7 Likes
- 🏆 Marian Barker carded rounds of 74-77-70 at Ridglea Country Club to claim the 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship!
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-senior-stroke-play-championship-2020-leaderboard
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/09/30/marian-barker-wins-2020-womens-senior-stroke-play/ 5 Likes
- Ryan O’Rear won the 37th Texas Mid-Amateur late Sunday afternoon after defeating two-time champion Colby Harwell on the seventh sudden-death playoff hole at Oak Hills Country Club. The 29-year-old from Leander captures the victory with a 72-hole total of 3-under ... 24 Likes
- Padden Nelson's rounds of 67-69 give the 40-year-old a three-shot lead over Johnathan Schnitzer heading into Sunday at Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. Nelson seeks his first TGA major championship with 18 holes to play. #TexasMidAm
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/03/padden-nelson-holds-lead-at-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
... 1 CommentsThought scores would be lower at OHCC.4 Likes
- Austen Fulmer leads the #TexasMidAm after an opening 5-under-par 66 Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. The 38-year-old will carry a one-stroke lead into Saturday's second round.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/02/austen-fulmer-leads-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
🔗 Leaderboard: https://txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-leaderboard-2020/ 7 Likes
- Sulphur Springs Country Club Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome #LastCall to join us as we head East for our next #FunGolf Play Day!⠀
📍 Sulphur Springs Country Club
📅 Fri., October 9 @ 1:30 PM Shotgun Start
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Food ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post John Derrick Wins the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur
WACO – Most golfers know how important course knowledge is when it comes to certain venues. The trickier the track, the more crucial it is to know the lay of the land. ... 7 CommentsWell played John. There was some great players in the tournament and the course playing its most difficult.Woo hoo! Congrats!Congratulations JD! Well played my friend ...👍26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Craig Hurlbert Leads 83rd Texas Senior Amateur through 36 Holes
WACO – Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia is 18 holes away from his fifth amateur victory of the year. He says the key for him to win the 83rd Texas Senior ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ... 4 Likes
- Round 1 of the 83rd #TexasSeniorAm is underway at Ridgewood Country Club. Follow your favorite senior amateurs' progress with our live, hole-by-hole scoring: https://t.co/XasNhndFBa 3 CommentsThis was my first TGA tournament and I had a really great time and met the nicest ladies! I didn't ...It’s about time you let someone else win!Karen Fiducia I played too well yesterday which put me in a higher flight. If I shot the game I ...Don Bord here is where you can follow the scores!4 Likes
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes