84th Texas Senior Amateur
Westwood Golf Club
Date: September 24 – 26, 2021
Host Club: Westwood Golf Club
Address: 8888 Country Creek Street, Houston, TX 77036
Phone: (713) 774-3011
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager – Justin Guthrie
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 30, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: August 18, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: August 18, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
Entry Fee: $325
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the state of Texas age 55 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a WHS Handicap Index of 6.4 or less. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established by handicap index (lowest to highest) using the handicap “Effective Revision Date” of Wednesday, August 18. All applications, including exemptions, must be received by the entry close date of Wednesday, August 18 at 5:00 PM. After the entry deadline has passed, spots in the field will be allocated to any remaining exempt players and then the lowest handicap index players until the field is full. Those not making it into the field will be placed on the waitlist in rank order of their handicap index (lowest to highest).
Players will be notified by Friday, August 20, if they are in the field, or where they stand on the wait list. Each week thereafter, TGA Staff will circulate an updated waitlist prior to the championship in an effort to keep players informed of their status.
The TGA reserves the right to select players to be in the field. For exemption request details, please view TGA Policies and Procedures. Exempt players must enter by the published deadline or they will lose their exempt status and spot in the final field.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 54 holes of individual stroke play. All players will be competing in one division from the same tees and yardage. The field is limited to 144 players. At the completion of the 36 holes, the field will be cut to the low 54 players and ties.
All events will take place at Westwood Golf Club, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Thursday, September 23
8:00 AM – Practice Rounds Begin
6:00 PM – Golf Course Closes
Friday, September 24
8:00 AM – Round 1, Wave 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
11:30 AM to 3:30 PM – Player Lunch
12:30 PM – Round 1, Wave 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Saturday, September 25
8:00 AM – Round 2, Wave 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
11:30 AM to 3:30 PM – Player Lunch
12:30 PM – Round 2, Wave 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Sunday, September 26
8:00 AM– Final Round Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Following Play – Awards Presentation
Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
- Last five (5) Texas Senior Amateur Champions
- Top 20 (and ties) in previous year’s Senior Amateur
- Finished in the top 20 (and ties) in current year’s Texas Amateur or current and/or previous year’s Texas Mid-Amateur
- Any player that qualified for the final field of the current year’s U.S. Senior Open and/or U.S. Senior Amateur
- Top five (5) finishers (and ties) in current year’s West Texas Amateur
- Top fifteen (15) finishers (and ties) in the current year’s Regional Senior Amateurs
- Low two (2) Seniors that make the cut in the current year’s Texas Amateur
- Previous year’s Statewide Senior Player of the Year
- Current year Mid-Amateur Match Play winner and runner-up
- Top three (3) finishers (and ties) in the current year’s Texas Super Senior Amateur (Super Senior Division)
- Three (3) Host Club exemptions
For all earned exemptions into the 84th Texas Senior Amateur, click here.