West Texas Amateur
Bentwood Country Club
July 17 – 19
JT Pittman Wins 92nd
West Texas Amateur
SAN ANGELO – JT Pittman of Monahans won the 92nd West Texas Amateur after a final round of 2-under-par 70 at Bentwood Country Club. The Midland College sophomore finished at 8-under overall and two strokes better than the field. Lewis Stephenson of Burleson won the Senior Division by two strokes after firing a 6-under 66 in the final round. Doug Hopton-Jones of Mansfield won the Super Senior Division by three strokes after rounds of 75-73-73. READ MORE
Date: July 17-19, 2020
Host Club: Bentwood Country Club
Address: 2111 Club House Lane, San Angelo, TX 76094
Phone: (325) 944-0520
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager, Andrea Daly
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: July 10, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: June 17, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Entry Fee: $270
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers who reside in the northern and southern regions of the state of Texas who have a WHS Handicap Index of 10.0 or less. To be eligible for the Senior Division, golfers must be age 55 or older as of the first round of tournament play. To be eligible for the Super Senior Division, golfers must be age 65 or older as of the first round of tournament play. Please reference TGA Policies and Procedures for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exempt deadline of Wednesday, June 17 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. For additional information regarding the wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the field capacity, please refer to TGA Policies and Procedures.
Format/Field Size and Cut: The championship will be contested over 54 holes of stroke play with three (3) divisions; Championship, Senior, and Super Senior. Each division will play from separate tees/yardages and separate champions will be recognized in each division.
At the conclusion of 36 holes the field will be cut to the low 72 players (and ties), with a pro-rated representation from each division. The pro-rated allocation of players making the cut from each division will be reflective of the number of players in each division and pro-rated representation of players making the cut (before ties) will be announced in conjunction with pairings being posted.
The field is limited to 144, as outlined below:
- Championship Division: Open (84 players)
- Senior Division: 55 & older (42 players)
- Super Senior Division: 65 & older (18 players)
Schedule of Events
Thursday, July 16
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Practice Rounds
Friday, July 17
7:30 AM - Round 1 Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
12:30 PM - Round 1 Wave 2 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Saturday, July 18
7:30 AM - Round 2 Wave 1 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
12:30 PM - Round 2 Wave 2 begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Following Play - Field cut to low 72 players (and ties)
Sunday, July 19
7:30 AM - Final Round begins (#1 & #10 tees)
Exemptions: Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Top five (5) finishers and ties in current year’s North & South Mid-Amateur: Tournaments Canceled
b) Top five (5) finishers and ties in previous year’s North & South Amateur: Will Adams, Tom Bevington, Christopher Wheeler, Dawson Ovard, Gary Ezmerlian, Cody Banach, Tyler Uhlig, Logan Pate, Broc Haymon, Jess Bonneau, Ross Mackay
c) Last five (5) West Texas Amateur Champions: Jackson Markman, David Bolen (2018 and 2017), Andrew Wyatt, Mark Jones Jr.
d) Last five (5) West Texas Amateur Senior Division Champions: Chuck Palmer (2019 and 2015), Ralph Ellis, John Pierce, Lee Sandlin
e) Last five (5) West Texas Amateur Super Senior Division Champions: Doug Hpoton-Jones, Ed Brooks, Patrick Pritchett, Michael Hastings, Chris Larsen
f) Top Ten (10) finishers and ties in previous year’s West Texas Amateur: Travis Woolf, Rick Houston, Will Adams, Neil Dufford, Andy Lopez, Brian Scherer, Marcus Jones, Jaden Chavez, Shayler Dance, Casey Flower, Grant Bills, Jake Leatherwood, Joseph Kirk, Tripp Wallace
g) Top five (5) finishers and ties in previous year’s West Texas Amateur Senior Division: Ed Brooks, John Pierce, John Derrick, Lewis Stephenson
h) Top three (3) finishers and ties in previous year’s West Texas Amateur Super Senior Division: Tom McGraw, Ed Turner
i) Three (3) Host Club Exemptions:
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes