Women’s Stroke Play Championship
The Club at Comanche Trace (Valley/Hills)
Date: June 25-27, 2021
Host Club: The Club at Comanche Trace (Valley/Hills)
Address: 2801 Comanche Trace Drive, Kerrville, TX 78028
Phone: (830) 895-8500
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Director, Amy Worthington
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: April 26, 2021 @ 9:00 a.m.
Entries Close: June 9, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
Withdraw Date: June 9, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: $300
Eligibility: Entries are open to female amateur golfers with a certified WHS Handicap Index. Please reference the Women’s Competition Policies and Procedures for further details.
Entry Procedure: In the event the championship becomes over-subscribed, entries will be accepted in order of Handicap Index based upon the June 9 WHS Revision and added into the field after the registration close date of Wednesday, June 9. Two playing spots have been set aside in the field for Host Club Exemptions.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 54 holes of individual stroke play. The field is limited to 84 players.
Format: The top 30 players with the lowest Handicap Index MUST play in the Championship Flight. All other players will have a choice to play in the Championship Flight. Those players who do not wish to play in the Championship Flight will be split into additional flights after 36 holes.
Players have the option to change their division up until Monday, June 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
Winner – 99th Women’s Texas Amateur: Bentley Cotton
Finalist– 99th Women’s Texas Amateur: Mackenzie Niblett
Semi-Finalists – 99th Women’s Texas Amateur: Hailey Jones, Kennedy Pedigo
Top 3 finishers (including ties) – 2020 Women’s Stroke Play: Serena Shah, Zoe Paige Slaughter, Jennie Park
Top 2 – 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play: Marian Barker, Kelley Nittoli
2020 Player of the Year: Bentley Cotton
2020 Senior Player of the Year: Marian Barker
Host Club Exemptions (2):
Note: In the event a player meets multiple criteria, their exemption will not be given to the next closest position. Exempt players must enter by the registration deadline or they will lose their spot in the field.
What’s Included: The championship entry fee includes greens, cart and range fees for all championship rounds including the practice round. The entry fee will also include a tournament gift, lunch after Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3.
Hotel: There is no host hotel for the Women’s Stroke Play Championship. TGA Members can take advantage of Affinity Travel Benefits by utilizing their hotel search engine by clicking here.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) complimentary practice round at Comanche Trace on Thursday, June 24. Players must contact the host club starting June 10 and identify themselves as 2021 Women’s Stroke Play Championship participants to schedule a practice round.
Registration Information: There will be no player registration for the 2021 Women’s Stroke Play Championship. Players may pick up their tee gift in scoring after the first round.
Pairings Information: Round 1 pairings will be made available online at www.txga.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 18. Round 2 and Round 3 pairings will be available online in the evening preceding play.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure that competitors have the best possible experience when competing in the championship, it is helpful to be knowledgeable of Texas Golf Association (TGA) Policies and Procedures, Terms of Competition and Local Rules (Hard Card), as established by the association. For more information, please click here. For information specific to the Terms of Competition applicable to this championship, please see below:
USGA Groove Condition of Competition (Condition NOT in Effect): The USGA Groove Rules effective January 1, 2010 are NOT in effect for this competition.
Transportation: Players are encouraged to ride carts during all championship rounds. Cart fees for all championship rounds are included in the entry fee. Carts are limited to two (2) riders at one time and two (2) carts per group. Caddies must walk.
Caddies: Caddies are permitted during the championship.
Score Posting: At the conclusion of each round, each player’s score will be automatically posted to the WHS. Please do not enter your own scores from the competitive rounds. This will result in a double post.
TGA Medical Cart Request Policy
Spectators carts are prohibited. However, spectators in accordance of ADA compliance may request golf carts. Requests for golf carts must be supported by complete documentation, including the fully-completed Cart Request Form and the required accompanying medical documentation specified in that form for all first-time requests. Any medical cart request that is granted by the TGA will be good for that individual for the remainder of that calendar season. A request will not be deemed complete until all required information and documentation has been provided. For further information and details contact Tournament Director Amy Worthington, [email protected]
Schedule of Events
All events will take place at The Club at Comanche Trace, unless otherwise noted. Championship schedule is subject to changes and additions.
Thursday, June 24
10:00 a.m. – Practice Rounds Begin
Friday, June 25
8:00 a.m. – Round 1 Begins (#1 Valley & #1 Hills)
Following Play – Player Lunch
Saturday, June 26
8:00 a.m. – Round 2 Begins (#1 Valley & #1 Hills)
Following Play – Player Lunch
Sunday, June 27
8:00 a.m. – Round 3 Begins (#1 Valley & #1 Hills)
Following Play – Player Lunch
- 100th Women's Texas Amateur Preview WATCH: Fort Worth welcomes the best women in the state for the 100th Women's Texas Amateur at River Crest Country Club.
The centennial anniversary will take place where it all began. #WomensTexasAm
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway We are proud to partner with Play Golf Designs Inc. for our Project Fairway #Dallas #Female Forum on Monday, July 5th.
We are gathering the most #powerful #women in #Texas to share their personal experiences, professional advice and lead powerful ...
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway Looking forward to seeing you all there for a beautiful #celebration of #Golf, #Lifestyle & #WomensEmpowerment! Register today for this virtual event, presented by Texas Golf Association & Toyota USA, hosted @ the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. ...
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway REGISTER NOW at https://qoo.ly/3cusyr and tune in Mon., July 5th to The #ProjectFairway #Dallas Female Forum 2021 Virtual Empowerment Experience presented by Texas Golf Association and Toyota USA hosted in the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. We'll discuss ...
- Timeline Photos Happy #WomensGolfDay! Ready to get into #golf? Check with your local golf clubs to see if they host women’s clinics. See if there's a LPGA Amateurs Chapter in your area. Check out our #FunGolf (https://buff.ly/3yXnL1A) and Women's #Golf101 Clinics (https://buff.ly/3vJoRM9)! ...
- Wilshire & Dees win the 2021 #WomensPartnership! 🏆🏆
Thank you to all of the competitors that came out to Riverhill Country Club!
🔗Learn More: https://www.txga.org/2021/04/13/wilshire-and-dees-win-the-womens-partnership/
🔢Final Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/tga-2021-womens-partnership-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
- Good Morning from Moody Gardens Golf Course for the Final Round of the 2021 #WomensEclectic!
🔢Live Scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-2021-womens-eclectic-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
- Henry and Dougherty Lead 2021 Women’s Eclectic
Learn More: https://www.txga.org/2021/03/08/henry-and-dougherty-lead-2021-womens-eclectic/
Women's Texas Golf Association is with Leslie Henry.
- Practice round is underway at Moody Garends Golf Course for the 2021 #WomensEclectic. The Texas Golf Association is looking forward to hosting a safe and competitive championship. Good luck to all competitors this week!
🔗Learn More: ￼ https://www.txga.org/tga-womens-eclectic-texas-golf-association/