Texas Star to Host 2013 North Senior Amateur
The North Senior Amateur is heading to Texas Star Golf Course in 2013. This will be the sixth TGA championship held at the Texas Star Golf Course, the most recent being the 2012 North Amateur. In only its fifth year, the North Senior Amateur has become the battleground for the best senior players in the northern half of the lone star state.
The Texas Star Sports Centre is a 321-acre multi-sport complex in Euless. The Texas Star Golf Course is a beautiful public course, with a pristine private feel. The golf course, designed by Keith Foster, was completed in 1997 and is 275 acres of beautiful fairways, gorgeous landscaping, and amazing views. With its large greens, doglegs, and elevation changes, Texas Star Golf Course will challenge the players and provide the setting for what is sure to be an exciting event.
The North Senior Amateur is open to male amateur golfers who are 55 years and must reside in the North Texas region (north of the 31’ parallel) with an index of 8.4 or less for the Senior Division and a 10.0 or less for the Super Senior division and meet the requirements listed in the “TGA Policies and Procedures”. Please reference “TGA Regional Tournament Eligibility” for additional details.
The format for the championship is 36-holes of stroke play consisting of two divisions – Senior (55 or older as of the tournament start date) and Super Senior (65 or older as of the tournament start date). Each division will play from a different set of tees/yardages with a separate champion being crowned in each division. Super Seniors must declare on their application if they wish to compete in the Senior Division.
Defending his title from 2011, John Grace fired a three under par, two round total of 141 to win the 2012 North Senior Amateur at Hackberry Creek by five shots. In second place was Phil Austin of Arlington. James Burdine of Dallas came away with the win in the super senior division with a seven over par, two round total of 151. Three shots behind Burdine in second place was Harold Speer of Mansfield.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 10 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...