About the TGA Foundation
The Texas Golf Association Foundation, the charitable arm of the TGA, is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that was established to make certain that golf in Texas continues to grow and prosper. It achieves this mission through the financial and administrative support of existing grass-roots junior golf development programs, and in creating new avenues for deserving and underserved youth to learn some of life’s most important lessons through their exposure to the game of golf. By ensuring that deserving young people from every walk-of-life have the opportunity to be exposed to this great game and the accompanying valuable life lessons to be learned, as well as discovering the many possible career opportunities surrounding the sport, the TGA Foundation expects that golf in the Lone Star State will be in good hands for generations to come. Make a general donation to the TGA Foundation or become a Team TGA donor and receive some hard goods.
TGA Foundation Programs
The Texas Golf Association Foundation is launching the Youth on Course program in the San Antonio area for 2020. Youth on Course (YOC) gives juniors access to golf for $5 or less at 11 courses in the San Antonio area, as well as more courses all over the country.
The Winner’s Program was created in 2008 to promote achievement in golf and in the classroom. Conducted in coordination with LPGA / USGA Girls Golf sites, the program provides grant funding to selected sites.
The scholarship program connects junior golfers with life-changing competitive experiences through the Legends Junior Tour, as well as the South Texas and North Texas PGA tournaments, when limited financial resources would otherwise prevent it.
This scholarship program honors the legacies and contribution of Doris Kallina and ‘Nez Muhleman by providing financial resources to girls seeking higher education with a high school golf background and academic excellence. Congratulations to Abby Dobbs on earning the 4 year award, good luck at A&M this Fall!
TGA Works is a program for high school golfers interested in working in the golf industry. The program is completed over Summer months allowing the student to develop social skills, self esteem, and a chance to use golf facilities.
The Junior Girls’ Travel Fund was established back in 1986 by the late ‘Nez Muhleman of Houston. She served as a USGA volunteer on the U.S. Girls Junior Committee for 31 years as well as volunteering for countless local, collegiate, and state-wide competitions.
The TGA Foundation reaches out to a new generation through the Bill Penn Grant, named after former Executive Director of the Association.The grant was developed for junior golf instructors who are expanding or improving their current program needs. The 2019 Bill Penn Grant went to The First Tee Piney Woods!
“It really means so much to me that you picked me for this scholarship, so thank you so much! This TGA Foundation Scholarship has really changed my life!”
Abigail Dobbs – Winner of the 2019 Doris Kallina / ‘Nez Muhleman Scholarship
- TGA Launches New Website TGA Launches New Website! DALLAS – The Texas Golf Association launched its new website on Wednesday, May 27. The WordPress-based, fully responsive platform is easy to use and has a host of innovative features designed specifically for Texas golfers... Follow ... 1 CommentsAlbert Requenez Great update and design!9 Likes
- TGA is Joining forces with The Spirit Golf Association and Houston Food Bank for #COVID19 relief. 1.1 million food-insecure people rely on Houston Food Bank and its partner network for food assistance. Help us help our neighbors. Please consider donating ... 11 Likes
- Back2Golf PSA _30 (May 2020) A few key reminders from the United States Golf Association - USGA on #SocialDistancing as we get #Back2Golf! 1 CommentsChad Potts Has anyone heard if we are allowed to play a 5-some yet. When Abbott said groups of 4, our club ...1 Likes
- 🚨REGISTRATION IS RE-OPEN!
🏆111th Texas Amateur
🏌🏼New Qualifying Sites: https://txga.org/tournaments.php?region=&category=7&year=2020
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/register-championship/
Boot Ranch | #TexasAmateur 3 CommentsAlbert Requenez Why not any is south Texas?Texas Golf Association Albert, With the rescheduled and restructured qualifying window for the Texas Amateur we had limited availability. We did our best ...Jimmy Alaniz Brittany AndrewsBrittany Andrews I’m down for over night stays in FREDRICKSBURG!!!🥰 ⛳️ 😝Matthew Lange Margaret Lange24 Likes
- The Texas Junior Golf Alliance partnered with the
Volunteers of America Classic to give female junior golfers a chance to qualify for an LPGA tournament!
The LJT, Northern Texas PGA, STPGA Junior Golf & Houston Golf Association have announced the ... 3 Likes
- #TGAUnited - Hailey Jones Today, we complete our #TGAUnited campaign with a message from Oklahoma State Cowgirl Golf freshman Hailey Jones. As the state of Texas begins to reopen, we encourage everyone to listen to the guidance of their local officials. Together, we are ...
- Timeline Photos Farmers Branch's Julia Gregg is currently a freshman at the University of Arkansas where she's majoring in Mechanical Engineering. She is a member of the golf team and competed in all events as a freshman before the season was cut ... 6 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers and general public. Former TGA President and the Chairman, CEO & President of Veritex Bank, Malcolm Holland, shares a motivational message. #COVID19 #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 4 Likes
- Foundation Video - Sierra Jameson Meet our 2019 John Semander #TGAFoundation scholarship recipient, Sierra Jameson from Roaring Springs, TX. She is finishing up her freshman year playing on the Blinn College golf team & will transfer to Texas A&M University in the Fall. Listen to ... 1 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers & general public. 2020 Golf Coaches Association of America Honorable Mention PING All-American Parker Coody (Texas Men's Golf) shares a message for all Texas ... 3 Likes
- TGA Volunteer Program: “Giving back to the game we all love.” “The more we can reach out and touch and let them feel the difference the TGA can make the better it'll be for the game golf.” - Jim Brown, TGA Volunteer since 2007
The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to ... 2 CommentsCarter Page What a wonderful video full of some of the very best people I have had the pleasuring of working with ...David Pocknall As players we know we could not get to play tournaments without the volunteers. Over the years of my tournament ...13 Likes
- TGA 2019 Intern - Christian Cargile Christian Cargile was an intern during summer 2019 at Quail Valley Golf Course in Missouri, TX. She is finishing her freshman year at TCU – Texas Christian University and majoring in Dentistry. Check out her interview now as we catch ... 1 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Kristen Gillman, a 2-time #USWomensAm Champion, shares how she's been staying sharp during this time away from competitive golf. United ... 6 Likes
- Khloe Gibbs Khloe Gibbs from #LongviewTX is a youth golfer who upheld a grade point average of at least a “B” during the 2018-19 school year. She's a part of the #TGAFoundation #WinnersProgram & was the recipient of an iPad, intended to ... 1 CommentsKelly Kilgo Suzan C. Knox 😄Suzan C. Knox Kelly Kilgo...seeing all these videos is heartwarming. The TGA reaches so many people thru GOLF.10 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Here's TGA President Leslie Henry with an encouraging message for golfers throughout the state during this unprecedented time. #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 9 Likes
- Only 7️⃣ days left to register for the 111th Texas Amateur at
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/111th_Texas_Amateur.html
🏆Registration deadline for the #TexasAmateur is April 22 at 5:00 p.m. CST! 1 CommentsJoey Montiel Joshua Lamb let me caddie9 Likes