Doris-Kallina/’Nez Muhleman Scholarship
The scholarship is named for Doris Kallina and ‘Nez Muhleman, two women who have given their time, energy and resources to promote women’s golf in Texas for many years. Both served as Past Presidents of the former WTGA and also have long and distinguished legacies with the USGA as volunteers, committee members and officials. Their contributions to the game of golf have benefitted countless women and girls and their dedication, character and lifelong connection to golf are attributes that the TGA Foundation Scholarship Program endeavors to honor and encourage in the next generation of young women.
Financial DetailsOne Doris Kallina / ‘Nez Muhleman Scholarship was awarded in 2019. It is awarded every four years.
- The four-year value of the scholarship is $25,000.
- $3,000 was awarded to a recipient in 2019.
- The award is given annually and renewal must be applied for each year according to the guidelines below. The scholarship is committed for up to four (4) years to the selected 2019 recipient in increasing amounts each year as follows.
Scholarship funds will only be disbursed to a university or previously approved third party, and will not be paid directly to the scholarship recipient.
Current & Past Recipients
2019 – Abigail Dobbs
2015 – Rakeisha Wines
- Applicants must be female and a U.S. Citizen with a residence of record in Texas.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in an organized junior golf program.
- Applicants may not be the immediate family of any current TGA Director, Women’s Committee member or substantial contributor to the TGA.
- Applicants must have completed (or plan to complete) high school prior to the award year, and must be enrolled (or planning to enroll) as a full time student at an accredited college or university located within the United States. A full time student is defined as one who is taking 12 or more hours in a course of study leading to a traditional associate (2 year) or baccalaureate (4 year) degree, or considered a full-time student by her respective institution.
- Applicants’ cumulative grade point average must be at least 2.75 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- The application must be completed in its entirety and signed and dated by both the applicant and the applicants’ parent(s) or guardian.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Applicants must provide a letter of recommendation from school staff, and an appropriate representative from the junior golf program in which she has participated.
- Applicants must provide two personal references which may be contacted during the selection process. At least one of the references should be a peer.
The Doris Kallina / ‘Nez Muhleman Scholarship will be awarded based on a review of four primary criteria as demonstrated in the following application and attachments.
- Academic proficiency (Section II)
- Desire for higher education (Section III)
- Honors / Extracurricular activities (Section IV)
- Participation in organized junior golf program (Section V)
A cover letter, the completed application and all required attachments must be submitted electronically no later than March 1st of the year being applied for by 5:00 PM CST. The TGA Foundation Committee will review all submitted applications and recommend a recipient for approval by the TGA Foundation Board of Directors. The successful candidate will be notified no later than March 25th.
The successful applicant must:
- Enroll and maintain full-time enrollment at an accredited college or university located within the United States.
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Attend an event to be determined by the Women’s Committee and publicly accept the scholarship award.
- Allow use of their photo and information from their application for promotional activities for the Women’s Committee and TGA Foundation.
- Apply for renewal as follows in order to receive scholarship funds in any year after the scholarship is awarded.
- This scholarship may be renewed annually for the applicable amount (as above), not to exceed a period of four years. The recipient must request renewal no later than June 1 annually.
- The renewal applicant must provide current contact information for recipient and family contact.
- The renewal applicant must provide a transcript for the prior year (Must have completed at least a full-time class load and maintained at least a cumulative 2.75 GPA on 4.0 scale).
- The renewal applicant must provide a brief narrative summary of prior year college experience and future plans for use in Women’s Committee and TGA Foundation communications.
- Renewal may be denied to any candidate failing to meet any of the above requirements.
If a candidate fails to apply for or gain renewal during the term of the scholarship, all remaining years of eligibility will be forfeited and applications will be opened for new candidates.
- Join the Texas Golf Association in supporting The Spirit Golf Association Spirit Food Fund by volunteering at the Houston Food Bank on Friday, June 12.
Click on one of the links below to sign up for a shift:
- 2020 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship Legends Junior Tour added 142 new photos — at Lakewood Country Club. 10 Likes
- J. Holland Humphries cards a final round 1-under-par 70 to post 12-under par for the tournament and win the Veritex bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship by four strokes. The 2021 SMU Men's Golf commit joins a great list of #VertiexBankBNJC ... 2 CommentsGreat playing J Hump!👊🏻👊🏻Awesome!!!34 Likes
- 🚨Final Round is underway at Lakewood Country Club!
🔗 Follow live scoring here: http://txga.org/2020-veritexbankbyronnelsonjuniorchampionship-leaderboard/
#VeritexBankBNJC 2 Likes
- 2020 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship - Preview The Legends Junior Tour is excited to host its first championship since early March! On the eve of this year’s #VeritexBankBNJC, we extend our sincere appreciation to the Lakewood Country Club membership and staff. The LJT looks forward to hosting ... 2 CommentsBest of luck.Sue Camfield 🥰23 Likes
- TGA Volunteer Program: “Giving back to the game we all love.” Thank you to all of our dedicated volunteers! Our championships wouldn't be what they are today without all of your efforts! #NationalVolunteerWeek 2 CommentsOutstanding tribute!No better group of volunteers anywhere. You all made the TGA what it is today. Many Thanks,7 Likes
- Timeline Photos With the guidance of public health experts, the Founding Partners have canceled the upcoming #DriveChipandPutt qualifying season and rescheduled the National Finals for April 4, 2021, due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
View full update and FAQs ➡️ DriveChipandPutt.com
- Photos from Legends Junior Tour's post Brandon Massey cards rounds of 78-69-69 at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club's Dye Course to claim his second #LJTTexasCup. The 2020 TCU Men's Golf commit becomes the first two-time champion of the boys-only invitational.
📒 Final Round Recap: https://txga.org/Brandon-Massey-Wins-Texas-Cup-I.news
🔢 Full ... 7 Likes
- Photos from Legends Junior Tour's post Jacob Borow of Lake Jackson and Ethan Fang of Plano lead the #LJTTexasCup by two strokes after two rounds at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club's Dye Course.
📒Read Round 2 Recap: https://txga.org/Borow-and-Fang-Lead-Texas-Cup-I.news
🔗Full Leaderboard: https://txga.org/20-TexasCupInvitational-Leaderboard.html 4 Likes
- Photos from Legends Junior Tour's post Mason Roberts and Ethan Fang lead the #LJTTexasCup after carding rounds 2-over 73 at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club's Dye Course. Roberts and Fang share a one-shot advantage heading into Round 2.
🗓Full Recap: https://txga.org/Mason-Roberts-and-Ethan-Fang-Le.news
🔢Full Leaderboard: https://txga.org/20-TexasCupInvitational-Leaderboard.html 8 Likes
- The #LJTSpringPreview heads to The Wilderness Golf Course for the first time in the tournament's 15-year history!
⛳️The Wilderness Golf Club
📍Lake Jackson, TX
🔗Read Championship Preview: https://txga.org/LJT-Spring-Preview-Moves-to-The.news 6 Likes
- The #LJTTexasCup returns to Stonebridge Ranch Country Club's Dye Course for the second consecutive season. Now in its 13th year, the boys-only invitational continues to draw one of the best fields on the LJT schedule.
🏆Texas Cup Invitational
⛳️Stonebridge Ranch ... 6 Likes
- Timeline Photos We’re looking for a highly motivated Journalism/Communications student or recent graduate who thirsts for real-world journalism experience. If you feel this is you, or know someone who would be a great candidate, please visit https://buff.ly/3bumiE2. #WeAreHiring 2 Likes
- The 2020 Texas Girls' Invitational returns to Bentwater Yacht & CC for the first time since 2016. This year, the champion will earn an exemption into an
🏆 Texas Girls' Invitational
⛳️Bentwater Yacht & CC - Weiskopf
🗓️Feb. ... 2 CommentsGreat track!!WOW!6 Likes
- LAKEWAY – Zachary Kingsland of Austin fired a 4-under 68 to clinch the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic at Lakeway Country Club’s Live Oak Course by one stroke. Vera Yi of Austin matched her opening round 2-over 74 to win the ... 1 CommentsGreat job Austin!!12 Likes