Juan and Juan Jose Salcedo Lead After Round 2
Juan and Juan Jose Salcedo Lead after Round 2
Close Races in the Net Flights
Kingwood, TX – The team of Juan and Juan Jose Salcedo find themselves in a familiar spot after two rounds, atop the leader board in the Championship Flight. The Lake Course at the Clubs of Kingwood played more difficult during the second round of the Father-Son Championship, but many teams positioned themselves for a strong finish. The Salcedos will try to claim a second victory in this championship after numerous years of close finishes. The net flights battled extreme temperatures in the afternoon, but many teams remain in contention.
The Salcedos got off to a good start, as Juan Jose made three birdies in their first nine holes. They weren’t able to keep up that pace, as they could only get one birdie to drop after the turn. Their round of four under-par 68 was good enough for a one shot lead over fellow first round leaders Ken and Trent Redfern. The Redferns overcame two bogies in their round of 69 to keep pace heading into the final round. The Salcedos and Redferns pulled away from the field on day two, as the next closest team is five shots off the pace. Twenty teams made the cutoff for the Championship Flight at one under-par. The remaining teams will form the Presidents Flight for Sunday’s final round.
Craig and Scott Maurer jumped up the leader board in the Hogan Flight thanks to a ten under-par net round. The Maurer team’s rounds of net 68-62 give them a one shot lead heading into the final round. Douglas and Davis Northcutt find themselves in second place after rounds of net 65 and 66. In the Nelson Flight, the team of Randy Mattingley and Trey Rowe built a four stroke lead by following up their impressive first round net 59 with a second round of net 67. Mike and James LaRose will try to overcome that deficit in the final round after rounds of net 60 and 70 left them just off the pace.
Dennis and Mark Miller continue to lead in the Crenshaw Flight after posting the low round of the day with net 61 to go with their opening round of net 65. The Millers used a front nine of net 27 to increase their lead to five shots. Jacob and Skip Kaup face an uphill battle after rounds of net 66 and 65 leave them alone in second place. The team of Larry and James Caraway are tied with Jimmy and Ron Hill atop the Kite Flight. The Caraway team fired their second consecutive round of net 66, while the Hills jumped up the leader board with a second round of net 63. The two teams will likely battle it out on Sunday, as they are ten shots clear of the third place team.
The Championship Flight will play gross four-ball during the first two rounds. After two rounds, the top 20 teams and ties will play a combined score format for the final round to determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Flight will form the Presidents Flight and play a third round of gross four-ball. All other flights (Hogan, Nelson, Crenshaw, and Kite) will play three rounds of net four-ball. All champions will be crowned based on their 54-hole total score.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes