Round of 32 Set for the Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship
Play began Thursday at Oak Hills Country Club in
San Antonio for the 2013 Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship. Day one brought
the qualifying round with players vying for one of 32 positions moving into the
match play portion of the event. The fast greens and warm temperatures at Oak
Hills were sure to make it an exciting day.
Clarke Kincaid of Trophy Club set the pace early going off in the
second group of the day. Clarke started on the front nine and made a quick bogey
on the second hole but was able to get it back with a birdie on the sixth hole
to shoot even-par on the front side. He would go on to make another birdie at
the par-5, 10th hole, then finished his back side with 8 straight
pars to shoot a 1-under par round of 70 and take the lead in the clubhouse.
Shortly thereafter, Oak Hills Country Club member, Zan Terry, returned his
scorecard and joined Kincaid atop the leaderboard at 1-under par. Terry’s round
started on the back nine where he opened with birdies on 14 and 17 to turn in
2-under par. On the front side, Terry made three bogeys but added two more
birdies to finish at 1-under par. Clarke Kincaid and Zan Terry will share the
medalist honors for the qualifying round but the #1 seed will be given to
Kincaid since he was the first player the post the low round.
Aaron Hickman and Bobby Baugh finished tied for third, one shot back
at even-par for the qualifying round. Hickman’s round included three birdies
and three bogeys and Baugh managed 5 birdies to go along with three bogeys and
a double bogey. Mark Macejewski and Ron Kilby each finished two shots back of
the leaders at 1-over par, 72.
At the end of the day, there were eight players left tied for the
last three spots at 7-over par, 78, confirming those with rounds of 77 or
better spots in the match play bracket. With only 32 spots available, a
sudden-death playoff was needed to determine the final match play participants.
The eight players were split into two groups of four and returned to the
difficult par-3, 18th. In the first group, Chris Germann and Kip
Estep managed pars with Trey Wilkinson and Trent Brown making bogeys. In the
second group, Jed Shreve made a rare birdie while Bob Kearney, Bill Odom, and
Chris Payne made bogeys. One playoff hole was all that was needed with Jed
Shreve, Chris Germann, and Kip Estep filling in the final three spots going
into match play on Friday morning.
Round of 32 matches will start at 7:30 am on Friday, followed by the
Round of 16 matches in the afternoon starting at 1:00 pm. For more information
on scores, matches, and tee times, please visit www.txga.org.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes