Pacillio and Vaut Lead Stableford Handicap
Kerrville, TX – The Stableford Handicap returned to Riverhill Country Club and opened with a day of great scoring conditions. With a firm golf course and very little wind, many teams were able to post solid opening rounds to position themselves for a run at the state championship title. Eight teams were able to better their quotas during the first round, leading to crowded leader boards in each of the four flights.
The team of Robert Cheaney and Edward Leutsch have a 7 point lead in the Hogan Flight after an opening round of +5 points. Cheaney and Leutsch were the only team in their flight to better their quota and also sit just 4 points off the overall lead. Harold Danford and Gary Cochrane, Riverhill CC members, are in second place after a first round of -2 points. In the Nelson Flight, Alan Culberson and Jerry Weathersby hold a slim 1 point lead thanks to a first round of +2 points. The team of Rick Turner and Danny Hardy are sitting in second place at +1 points, while many teams are well positioned for the weekend.
The Crenshaw Flight saw 3 teams better their quotas on day one, but Michael Pacillio and Butch Vaut posted the best number of the day at +9 points. Michael Pacillio carded one of his best rounds ever and Butch Vaut played consistently to help the team vault to the top of the leader board. Ron Henson and Jim Spillane sit 6 points of the flight and overall lead after a round of +3 points. In the Kite Flight, Larry and Christopher Garner fired a first round of +6 points to lead 3 points and also tied for second in the overall championship. Korby Keeney and Tony Gann are in second place in the flight thanks to a first round of +3 points.
The format for the tournament is scheduled for 54 holes using Modified Stableford Scoring System. Teams will be pre-flighted based on the two players’ combined handicap indexes. Total score for 54 holes will be used to determine final standings in each flight. The overall winner will be the team with the most plus points or fewest minus points, regardless of flight. Under the Modified Stableford Scoring System (see below for more) points are awarded for the score a player makes at each hole – one point for bogey, two for par, three for birdie, and four for eagle. Each team has a pre-assigned quota of points to earn, which is 72 less 90% of the sum of each player’s course handicap. The quota is adjusted each day by 50% of the team’s excess or deficit. Day 1 Team Quota = 72 points, less the sum of 90% of each players course handicap. Day 2 & 3 Quotas = Prior day’s quota adjusted by ½ of the previous days excess or deficit.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes