Past Champions Tied Atop Leaderboard
Past Champions tied atop 2015 Texas Father-Son Leaderboard.
Woodlands, TX – Will and Tom Doughtie and Randy and Hunter Rawls lead the 2015 Texas Father-Son at Woodlands Country Clun by two strokes after the opening round.
Randy and Hunter Rawls started their round with the four straight birdies to send a message to the field that they want to restore their winning ways like they did in the 2012 edition of the Texas Father-Son. The Lubbock pair supplied another birdie on their sixth hole of the day and were five under par. A string of seven pars followed by bogey didn’t deter their motives as they bounced right back with another birdie to post a first round five under par 67.
The Doughtie’s, playing in the group in front of the Rawls, began their day going even through the first five holes. However, the 521 yard par five fifteenth proved to be no match as an eagle got them headed in the right direction. The Amarillo duo recorded four more birdies on the next seven holes. Despite, a bogey on the 215 yard par three, they find themselves tied for the lead headed into the second round of the Championship Division. Tom and Will Doughtie know how to win the Father-Son as the pair have won a record number four times.
The two teams on top on the leaderboard are still in striking distance though as eight other pairings are within four shots of the lead. The Championship Division will begin their second round starting at 8:00am. After the completion of play, the Championship Division will be divided by 50% to create the President’s Flight.
The Hogan Flight saw the low round of the day with Northcutt duo of Davis and Doug, from Georgetown, shooting a net nine under par, 63. The Northcutts’ front side, holes 10-18, was where they did the most damage. Four net birdies and two net eagles would have been enough to hold the lead, but they added another on the par four sixth. The blemish free round will give them a three stroke lead after round one. Lufkin’s Mark and Mason Busbee, who shot a net 66, will start their chase of the leaders as part of the first group off #10 at 8:00am. Davis and Doug will be on tee off at 8:22am on Tee #1.
In the Nelson Flight, three teams finished the 1st round tied atop the leaderboard. Blake and Gary Tolbert, Mike and Michael DeJacomo of San Angelo, as well as Trey Rowe and Randy Mattingley all fired a two under par, 70. Leslie and Owen Clifton trail the group of leaders by one stroke with their equally impressive one under par, 71. The Nelson flight will start their second round at 1:00pm tomorrow.
Paul and Martin Meredith, of Katy, in the Crenshaw Flight will have a one shot overnight lead with a net three under par, 69. The duo didn’t let the double bogey on the fourth hole faze them, as the finished the day with five total birdies, four of which came on their inward nine. Four other teams are under par for the championship and will be looking to close the gap. The Crenshaw Flight will all tee off #10 tomorrow beginning at 1:33pm.
Finally, in the Kite Flight, Ron and Jimmy Hill are leading by one over Larry and Larry Jr. Caraway. The Hill’s recorded six birdies and an eagle for an impressive net 68. The Caraway’s day started off red hot. Three straight net birdies on holes 10-12, got them three under. The Kite flight begins play at 1:33 off #1 tomorrow with the leaders starting at 1:55.
The Championship Division will consist of a maximum 40 teams with the lowest combined handicap indexes. These teams will play four-ball stroke play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the championship division will be separated into two flights. The low 50% (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the final round to determine the overall champion. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of four-ball stroke play for their final round. Teams will carry their 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the winner.
For full results of all the flights CLICK HERE
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes