Past Champions Tied Atop Leaderboard
Past Champions tied atop 2015 Texas Father-Son Leaderboard.
Woodlands, TX – Will and Tom Doughtie and Randy and Hunter Rawls lead the 2015 Texas Father-Son at Woodlands Country Clun by two strokes after the opening round.
Randy and Hunter Rawls started their round with the four straight birdies to send a message to the field that they want to restore their winning ways like they did in the 2012 edition of the Texas Father-Son. The Lubbock pair supplied another birdie on their sixth hole of the day and were five under par. A string of seven pars followed by bogey didn’t deter their motives as they bounced right back with another birdie to post a first round five under par 67.
The Doughtie’s, playing in the group in front of the Rawls, began their day going even through the first five holes. However, the 521 yard par five fifteenth proved to be no match as an eagle got them headed in the right direction. The Amarillo duo recorded four more birdies on the next seven holes. Despite, a bogey on the 215 yard par three, they find themselves tied for the lead headed into the second round of the Championship Division. Tom and Will Doughtie know how to win the Father-Son as the pair have won a record number four times.
The two teams on top on the leaderboard are still in striking distance though as eight other pairings are within four shots of the lead. The Championship Division will begin their second round starting at 8:00am. After the completion of play, the Championship Division will be divided by 50% to create the President’s Flight.
The Hogan Flight saw the low round of the day with Northcutt duo of Davis and Doug, from Georgetown, shooting a net nine under par, 63. The Northcutts’ front side, holes 10-18, was where they did the most damage. Four net birdies and two net eagles would have been enough to hold the lead, but they added another on the par four sixth. The blemish free round will give them a three stroke lead after round one. Lufkin’s Mark and Mason Busbee, who shot a net 66, will start their chase of the leaders as part of the first group off #10 at 8:00am. Davis and Doug will be on tee off at 8:22am on Tee #1.
In the Nelson Flight, three teams finished the 1st round tied atop the leaderboard. Blake and Gary Tolbert, Mike and Michael DeJacomo of San Angelo, as well as Trey Rowe and Randy Mattingley all fired a two under par, 70. Leslie and Owen Clifton trail the group of leaders by one stroke with their equally impressive one under par, 71. The Nelson flight will start their second round at 1:00pm tomorrow.
Paul and Martin Meredith, of Katy, in the Crenshaw Flight will have a one shot overnight lead with a net three under par, 69. The duo didn’t let the double bogey on the fourth hole faze them, as the finished the day with five total birdies, four of which came on their inward nine. Four other teams are under par for the championship and will be looking to close the gap. The Crenshaw Flight will all tee off #10 tomorrow beginning at 1:33pm.
Finally, in the Kite Flight, Ron and Jimmy Hill are leading by one over Larry and Larry Jr. Caraway. The Hill’s recorded six birdies and an eagle for an impressive net 68. The Caraway’s day started off red hot. Three straight net birdies on holes 10-12, got them three under. The Kite flight begins play at 1:33 off #1 tomorrow with the leaders starting at 1:55.
The Championship Division will consist of a maximum 40 teams with the lowest combined handicap indexes. These teams will play four-ball stroke play in rounds one and two. After 36 holes, the championship division will be separated into two flights. The low 50% (and ties) will make up the Championship Flight and will play Combined Score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the final round to determine the overall champion. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the overall champions. The remaining teams from the Championship Division will be placed in the Presidents Flight, and will play another round of four-ball stroke play for their final round. Teams will carry their 36-hole total score forward to determine the President Flight winner. The team with the lowest 54 hole total will determine the winner.
For full results of all the flights CLICK HERE
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes