Tom and Will Doughtie take Texas Father-Son lead
The Woodlands, TX – Tom and Will Doughtie use a 2-under , 70 to maintain the lead after the second round of the Texas Father-Son Championship. Peach and Jay Reynolds from Austin trail the leaders by one after a 4-under, 68.
This year’s championship is being contested at the famed Tournament Course at The Woodlands Country Club, past home of the Shell Houston Open and current host of the Insperity Invitational on the Champions Tour.
The Doughtie’s recorded three birdies with one bogey to take their lead into the final day of the Texas Father-Son Championship. Their day started with five straight pars until they finally broke through with a birdie on the 560 yard, par five sixth. The difficult eighth set the Amarillo pair back with a bogey. It was soon forgotten with a birdie on the ninth and another on the 12th. The last birdie made them solo leaders going into the final day.
Peach and Jay Reynolds trail the Doughtie’s lead by one after their impressive 4-under, 68. The Frisco combo may have started with a bogey on their first hole, the course’s 10th, but that was their only blemish of the day. The 533 yard par five, 13th quickly brought them back under par with an eagle. Birdies on the 15th , 16th and first hole got them within striking distance of the leaders. They finished their day with eight straight pars.
The Championship Flight is divided by 50% of the teams that started Round 1 of the tournament to create the President’s Flight. A total of 17 teams made it into the Championship Flight which will begin at 1:33pm.
Dan Castagnola from The Woodlands, recorded his first ever Hole-In-One on the 155 yard 16th. He used a 7-iron. The ball hit on the front edge of the green and rolled into the hole in the middle of the green.
Doug and Davis Northcutt maintain their lead on top of the Hogan Flight after 36 holes. The Georgetown duo used five net birdies and a net eagle with three bogeys to post a net 68. They started the day with a bogey but rallied with four birdies to finish the front. A net eagle on the par five, 13th counteracted two bogeys on the 11th and 14th hole. Their day finished on a high note with a net birdie on the 18th. Jeff and Walker White from Frisco will try to mount a comeback from four strokes as they go off at 1:00pm off 1 & 10 tee..
In the Nelson Flight, Blake and Gary Tolbert fired a net 67 to take the lead over Trey Rowe and Randy Mattingley. The Tolbert pair used five net birdies and two net eagles to take the solo lead. Rowe and Mattingley’s round include two birdies on the opening two holes as well as five additional birdies throughout the round to trail by one. Four other teams within five shots of the leaders, as the Nelson Flight tees it off at 8:00am off 1 & 10 tee for Round 3.
A trio of new leaders for the Crenshaw Flight, as Paul and Jacob Kaup, Kyle and Rick Nelson as well as Doug and Brett Chandler are each 4-under for the tournament. Round 1 leaders Paul and Martin Meredith only trail the group of leaders by two. Douglass and Doug Reed, Brayden and Allen Cheatham as well as David and Jimmy Ward are three shots behind with 18 holes still to play. The Crenshaw Flight will begin play at 8:33am off of the first tee.
In the Kite Flight, Blake and Michael Cameron came from behind to take sole possession of the lead after the second round. The pair shot at net 65, which was due in large part to their closing four holes. The Cameron’s finished with a net eagle and two net birdies in the last four holes. Their lead is three headed into the last day where the Kite Flight will tee off at 8:33am off the 10th tee.
For full results of all the flights CLICK HERE
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Tracy Lundberg Clark Yes!! The Clark family loves Mr. Brown! Congratulations! Thank you for all you do for Texas Golf!! Collin ClarkLauren Tuttle Sherwood Congrats to Mr. Brown!! He’s such a great supporter of junior golf!52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes