Texas Shootout Set For October 24-26
The 2015 Texas Shootout will be played October 24-26 at Dallas National Golf Club.
“We’re thrilled to be hosting our first-ever event at Dallas National,” said Ryan Finn, the TGA’s Managing Director of Championships. “This outstanding course, coupled with the club’s legendary hospitality, will certainly make for a memorable experience for the Shootout teams.”
Designed by celebrated golf course architect Tom Fazio, Dallas National open in 2002 and has been among Golf Digest’s Top 100 Courses in America since 2005 (currently No. 61) and the magazine’s choice as Best in State since 2007.
The Texas Shootout, an invitation-only event, features the top 12 players (eight mid-amateurs and four seniors) from North Texas squaring off against their counterparts from South Texas in a Ryder Cup-style competition.
Players earn their way onto their respective teams by accumulating points throughout the year in designated TGA regional and statewide tournaments, as well as USGA national championships. The TGA uses the 31st parallel in Salado as the delineation between the North and South regions.
Of the eight mid-amateurs selected from each region, four come from the TGA Statewide Player of the Year point standings and four from the Regional Player of the Year point standings. The top four North and South senior players are chosen based on the Statewide Senior Player of the Year point standings.
The format for the Shootout includes foursome, four-ball and singles matches. A total of 24 matches will be played over two days. Each match is worth 3 points – 1 point each for front nine, back nine and 18 – making for 72 available points. The first team to accumulate 36.5 points is the winner.
Helmed by playing-captain Mike Booker of The Woodlands, the South Team scored a 39.5-32.5 win over the North squad in the 2014 Texas Shootout at Miramont Country Club in Bryan. With the victory, the South leads the overall series 7 to 5.
Once the action gets underway from Dallas National, log on to txga.org for live scoring updates and daily recaps, as well as tee-times and pairings.
2015 TEXAS SHOOTOUT NOTES:
North Team: Scott Abbott (Dallas), Zach Atkinson (Colleyville), Rob Couture (Dallas), Brad Gibson (Plano), Aaron Hickman (Addison), Clay Hodge (Tyler), *Jerry Hudgins (Tyler), Joshua Irving (Dallas) Will Osborne (Fort Worth), *Chuck Palmer (Dallas),*Mike Peck (Irving) and *Lewis Stephenson (Mansfield).
South Team: *Mike Booker (The Woodlands), Nicholas Cristea (Houston), Taylor Dio (The Woodlands), John Hunter (Houston), Justin Kaplan (Houston), Randy Lance (Spring), *Ivan Lawson (Cypress), *David Leiss (Houston), Scott Loving (Conroe), *Larry Nunez (Austin), Jay Reynolds (Austin), and Ross Wilhelm (San Antonio).
*Indicates senior player representative
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, October 24
1:00 – 1:20 p.m. – Practice Rounds – North
1:30 – 1:50 p.m. – Practice Rounds – South
6:00 p.m. – Cocktail Reception & Match Draw
Sunday, October 25
8:00 – 8:50 a.m. – Foursome Matches
12:30 – 1:20 p.m. – Four-Ball Matches
6:30 p.m. – Player Dinner
Monday, October 26
8:00 – 9:28 a.m. – Singles Matches; Awards Presentation following conclusion of play.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes