2016 Women's Championships Season Opens with the Eclectic
The 100th year of competition for Texas women amateur golfers gets under way with the start of the Women's Eclectic hosted at The Club at Sonterra. This first championship of 2016 provides a unique format and has become one of the most popular events on the women's calendar. In the 2-day Eclectic format, each player can use her score from either day for each hole. As an example, assume Kelly shot a 74 on day one. She recorded 17 pars, but made a double bogey (six) on the final hole. On the second day, she bogeys the first 17 holes, but makes a birdie on the 18th. Her Eclectic score will be one under par. She keeps the better score on every hole from either day, so she records 17 pars and a birdie on 18.
The format certainly seems to suit Texas Golf Hall of Fame member Anna Schultz. The three-time Eclectic champion is in the field this week and must be considered an early favorite. Anna Morales, the 2014 champion will also compete and look to add another title to her resume. Other names to watch include Jewel Mallick, a two-time Women's Four-Ball Champion, Becky Neal who finished one stroke out of a playoff for last year's event, and Carolyn Creekmore, a member of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame and former WTGA State Amateur Champion.
Players finishing in the top five will earn points toward the first ever Women's Player of the Year award which will be given annually to recognize the most outstanding female player in Texas. The award will be given to the player that earns the most points through the calendar year. To be eligible for the award, a player must play in at least one Women’s TGA event during the year. Points may be accumulated at USGA Championships, the Texas Women's Open and Women's TGA events. The Eclectic is the first opportunity to earn points and will give the five highest finishers a clubhouse lead for the prize.
To celebrate the 100th birthday of the WTGA, the association is hosting a year-long program to highlight the rich history of Texas women's golf. The "Breaking 100" program includes a fundraising campaign featuring five players who have pledged to play 100 Holes of Women's Competition to gain support for the TGA Foundation's Women's Initiatives. Three of the five players are in the Eclectic field and their 36 holes will put them one-third of the way to their goal. The players include local favorite Donna Brady from San Antonio, Terry Dukes from Horseshoe Bay, and Nannette Wheelis from Waco.
Follow the action at the Eclectic HERE.
For complete information about Women's Golf, visit our homepage.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes