Dave Davis Wins North Senior Amateur
Dave Davis Come from behind to take North Senior Amateur Title. Gary Kirwan captures Super Senior Flight by one.
Argyle, TX – Dave Davis used a two-over-par, 73 to help take the title of the North Senior Amateur Champion by one over Lee Sandlin, Mike Peck and Lewis Stephenson. In the Super Senior Flight, Gary Kirwan’s one-under-par round leads him to victory by one over Denny Alexander.
Dave Davis, Saginaw, began his round three shots off the lead and found himself only one back after the first hole. Playing with Lee Sandlin, Dallas, in the final group of the day in the Senior Flight, Davis bogeyed his opening hole. However, Sandlin couldn’t record anything better than a triple-bogey. The deficit was two for all of two holes when Sandlin birdied the 408 yard, par-four second and the 185 yard, par-three third.
Davis unfortunately saw himself make three straight bogeys right after as well to increase Sandlin’s lead. A double-bogey eighth hole didn’t derail him too much when he answered with back to back birdies on the 505 yard, par-five ninth and the 401 yard, par-four tenth. Sandlin however couldn’t match his momentum, when he recorded four straight bogeys on holes 10-13, a stretch the he dominated in the first round. After 13 holes, Sandlin’s lead was down to just one shot.
Sandlin extended the lead right away on the 14th with a birdie only to be answered by a birdie on the 15th by Davis which was matched again by Sandlin with a birdie on the 160 yard, par-three 16th. With the one shot lead with two holes to play, Sandlin need to play mistake free golf and hopefully add a birdie along the way. All momentum was Davis’ though, when he reached the 543 yard, par-five 17th in two and drained an eagle putt on top of Sandlin’s bogey.
Despite bogeying the 18th hole, Dave Davis snuck out a one-shot victory over the field. Tying Sandlin in second were Mansfield’s Lewis Stephenson and Irving’s Mike Peck. For Davis, this was his first North Senior Amateur title.
In the Super Senior Flight, Gary Kirwan, McKinney, recorded the only under par round for all Super Seniors to edge out Denny Alexander of Fort Worth. Kirwan played in the group in front of Alexander and used two birdies to help secure the title. Alexander’s day featured three birdies but also five bogeys. Kirwan used the momentum gained in the Texas Super-Senior when he finished in a tie for second to propel him to his first North Super Senior Amateur title. Rounding out the top three was Dallas’ Corliss Nelson
The Texas Golf Association would like to thank the entire maintenance and professional staff of Denton Country Club. The course was in immaculate tournament condition where good play was awarded. The North Regional Series will take a short break for the summer and will continue at Hurricane Creek Country Club for the North Amateur.
For Complete result from the North Senior Amateur, please click here
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes