Devin Jackson Leads North Amateur after Round 1
Devin Jackson Leads North Amateur after Round 1
Anna, TX – Devin Jackson leads by two after the first round of the North Amateur Championship at Hurricane Creek Country Club. Jackson recorded a total of eight birdies to reach his seven-under-par 65 total.
Devin Jackson, Longview, got his day going in the right matter with back to back birdies on the first and second hole. He added one more on the sixth before made his lone bogey on the 8th hole. The back nine is where Jackson really made an impression with birdies on four of the first six holes on the back nine. Sitting at six-under-par, he poured one more in at the eighteenth to take a two shot out-right lead.
A group of three players trail Jackson which include, Levi Pettit from Dallas, Aaron Hickman of Tyler and Dave Davis of Saginaw. Levi Pettit and Aaron Hickman began their days almost identically. Both player began on the tenth and pared the first two holes. The pair also played the 12th the same however this time it was with bogies.
For Aaron, that mistake was his last as he would go on to birdie the next three holes and four of his last six. The Tyler native’s back nine featured just ten putts and allowed him to turn at three-under-par. Hickman birdied the second and sixth hole to finish his day. Aaron took advantage of the par-fives by birding each one of them to grab a share of the lead.
Levi, bounced back after his bogey with birdies on the 14th as well as the 17th and 18th. His good fortune continued when he birdied two of the first three holes on the front side his back nine. The Dallas resident added one more birdie on the 586 yard par-five sixth to card a five-under-par,67.
Dave Davis’ round however began much differently. The Saginaw native and 2016 North Senior Amateur Champion opened his front nine with a six under par 30. Davis pared the first hole and rattled off three straight birdies. He pared holes five and six then added three more birdies to complete his outward nine. A slight misstep on the tenth was redeemed on the downhill 193 yard par-three fourteenth. A double-bogey on the 16th was answered by a birdie on the 17th helped him cap off the five-under-par round.
Collin Thompson, Longview, Sean Heidrick, Addison, and Karsten Green, Midlothian, each sit three shots back with their four-under-par 68s. Thompson’s round was propelled by an eagle on the 549 yard par five, 17th. The eagle was just the second recorded on that hole all day. Heidricks’ round only featured one bogey on the day and five birdies. For Karsten, he used six birdies on the front side to help him get into a three- way tie for the lead.
The course played out to 7,089 yards for the first round of the North Amateur. A total of 20 players were under par for the day with scoring average playing out to be just above 75.
The second round of the North Amateur will begin at 7:30 again off the 1st and 10th tees. Devin Jackson will look to extend his lead tomorrow at 7:30 off the tenth tee. For all results, please click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes