Devin Jackson Leads North Amateur after Round 1
Devin Jackson Leads North Amateur after Round 1
Anna, TX – Devin Jackson leads by two after the first round of the North Amateur Championship at Hurricane Creek Country Club. Jackson recorded a total of eight birdies to reach his seven-under-par 65 total.
Devin Jackson, Longview, got his day going in the right matter with back to back birdies on the first and second hole. He added one more on the sixth before made his lone bogey on the 8th hole. The back nine is where Jackson really made an impression with birdies on four of the first six holes on the back nine. Sitting at six-under-par, he poured one more in at the eighteenth to take a two shot out-right lead.
A group of three players trail Jackson which include, Levi Pettit from Dallas, Aaron Hickman of Tyler and Dave Davis of Saginaw. Levi Pettit and Aaron Hickman began their days almost identically. Both player began on the tenth and pared the first two holes. The pair also played the 12th the same however this time it was with bogies.
For Aaron, that mistake was his last as he would go on to birdie the next three holes and four of his last six. The Tyler native’s back nine featured just ten putts and allowed him to turn at three-under-par. Hickman birdied the second and sixth hole to finish his day. Aaron took advantage of the par-fives by birding each one of them to grab a share of the lead.
Levi, bounced back after his bogey with birdies on the 14th as well as the 17th and 18th. His good fortune continued when he birdied two of the first three holes on the front side his back nine. The Dallas resident added one more birdie on the 586 yard par-five sixth to card a five-under-par,67.
Dave Davis’ round however began much differently. The Saginaw native and 2016 North Senior Amateur Champion opened his front nine with a six under par 30. Davis pared the first hole and rattled off three straight birdies. He pared holes five and six then added three more birdies to complete his outward nine. A slight misstep on the tenth was redeemed on the downhill 193 yard par-three fourteenth. A double-bogey on the 16th was answered by a birdie on the 17th helped him cap off the five-under-par round.
Collin Thompson, Longview, Sean Heidrick, Addison, and Karsten Green, Midlothian, each sit three shots back with their four-under-par 68s. Thompson’s round was propelled by an eagle on the 549 yard par five, 17th. The eagle was just the second recorded on that hole all day. Heidricks’ round only featured one bogey on the day and five birdies. For Karsten, he used six birdies on the front side to help him get into a three- way tie for the lead.
The course played out to 7,089 yards for the first round of the North Amateur. A total of 20 players were under par for the day with scoring average playing out to be just above 75.
The second round of the North Amateur will begin at 7:30 again off the 1st and 10th tees. Devin Jackson will look to extend his lead tomorrow at 7:30 off the tenth tee. For all results, please click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post All 😃’s as Round 1 of the #Texas4Ball gets underway from Horseshoe Bay Resort Apple Rock! ⏰
ℹ️ More info: https://www.txga.org/tga-texas-four-ball-texas-golf-association-2021/
🔢 Leaderboard: golfgenius.com/pages/2863285
Texas Golf Association is at AppleRock Golf Course. 6 Likes
- Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29 Texas Four-Ball Set for Aug. 27-29
“We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to return to Horseshoe Bay Resort for this year’s Texas Four-Ball Championship.” -Chris Untiedt, TGA Tournament Director
Follow the 🔗 for more. 5 Likes
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes