First Round of Women's Partnership Suspended
PLANO, TX— Due to heavy rainfall and lightning in the area, the first round of the 2017 Women’s Partnership has been suspended and will resume at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, April 11. Players will complete their first rounds then and continue play into the second round.
Players started with a 9:00 AM shotgun start on Monday at The Clubs of Prestonwood’s Hills Course. The 120-player field cruised around the golf course until storms started to form to the northwest. Play was suspended at 1:50 PM and all players were taken off the course due to lightning in the area.
Heavy rain and lightning kept the tournament in a delay up until 4:00 PM, when the decision was made to resume the next day. All the rain caused the Hills Course to become saturated and flooded, making some spots impassable.
The Partnership is a team event using a quota system for scoring. Players accumulate points through their rounds by their score on a hole. A par nets a player three points, a birdie five points, an eagle eight points, a bogey two points and a double-bogey one point. Quotas were determined based on each player’s course handicap and teams were flighted based on their combined handicap index.
Quotas will be adjusted 50-percent on the final day. For example, the first day, a 14-handicap must get 33 points. If she makes 40 points, then she earns her team seven points. The second day, after a 50-percent adjustment, this player must make 36.5 points, which is her original 33 points plus half her extra seven points from the first round.
Eight groups were able to complete their first rounds on Monday. Danielle Carroll and Amy Goodwin accumulated five points on the day and lead the fifth flight. Lydia Morris and Tani Traver amassed three points on Monday, while Liza Robinson and Lyn Jones, the defending champions, both reached their quotas on the day. Janice Aycock and Gale Rutledge missed their quotas by six points in the first round.
The sixth flight saw Jacquie Gallagher and Jackie Wayson earn eight points in the first round. Donna Berry and Vadonna Motley missed their quota by four points, Mackie Meeks Sandra Woods missed theirs by five points and Patricia Walters and Vivian Wittenburg missed theirs by eight points.
The Clubs at Prestonwood is hosting its first event since 2013, when the Women’s Texas Pinehurst came to the Hills Course. Dave Bennett designed the Hills Golf Course, which opened in 1986. The course is stretched to 5,306 yards for the 2017 Women’s Partnership.
The final round is set to begin after the completion of the first round on Tuesday. Scores will be input online as players finish their first rounds. For more information on the 2017 Women’s Partnership, click here.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes