Comegys and Parmerter Win Women's Four-Ball Championship
AUSTIN – Lauren Comegys and Ann Parmerter, both of Austin, scored a wire-to-wire victory at the 2017 Women’s Four-Ball Championship on a breezy, sunny Tuesday at The Hills Country Club. The duo shot a 6-under-par 66 in the final round to combine for a two-day total of 133. They won by one stroke over Annika Clark of The Highlands and Brooke McDougald of The Woodlands.
Comegys and Parmerter started their round with three straight pars before they birdied the par-4 fourth hole. The team then rolled in back-to-back birdies on the sixth and seventh holes to round out their 3-under par front nine. On the back nine, Comegys and Parmerter combined for four birdies.
Clarke and McDougald won the 1st Gross in Flight 1 with shooting the lowest round of the final day with a 7-under 65. The team calculated seven birdies including five on the front nine. Evelyn Arguelles of San Antonio and Hanna Harrison of Plano shot a 3-under 69 and two-day team total of 136 to finish second gross in Flight 1. Camm Doughery of Corpus Christi and Carol Turnage of Anna finished 1st Net in Flight 1 with a total of 132.
The 50-team field was divided into five flights and played for net and gross within each flight. Ashley Hawkins of Fort Worth and Krista Newman-Manning of Fort Worth won Flight 2 gross with a total of 147. First net in Flight 2 went to Julie Buechner of Ft. Worth and Sarah Deering of Austin. A total gross score of 162 won Flight 3 for the team of Chris Johnson and Susan Redfern of Austin.
Mary Burum and Cheryl Wright of Huntsville took home first net in that flight with a two day total score of 138. Flight 4 gross winners, Dianne Dillard of Bryan and Claudia Willis of Montgomery, came in with a score of 165, while the Flight 4 net winners, Tani Traver of Sealy and Patricia Walters of Montgomery, came in with a total net score of 134. Rounding out the tournament with Flight 5, the winning gross score of 174 went to Joanne Burleson of Southlake and Linda Edwards of Waxahacie, while the winning net score of 138 went to Suzan Knox of Crockett and Sis Singletary of Houston.
The Four-Ball Championship is two-day team event. Each player players her own ball and the lower score of the partners is the team score for the hole. The field was pre-flighted by handicap index into five flights. All teams are competing within their flights and for the title of Overall Gross.
The next event in this year’s women’s competitions is the Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship, which will be contested on October 2-4 at Berry Creek Country Club in Georgetown.
The Texas Golf Association would also like to thank the membership and staff at The Hills Country Club for hosting this year’s Championship. For full results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes