Park, Fojtasek, Jr. Lead North Texas Classic
GRAND PRAIRIE – Carrollton’s Sangmin Park and Dallas’ Randall Fojtasek Jr. fired 4-under-par 68s Saturday afternoon to lead the third North Texas Classic at Tangle Ridge Golf Club in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Dallas’ Hailey Jones, the two-time defending LJT Girls Player of the Year, leads the Girls 12-18 division after a 1-under-par 71 in her opening round. Argyle’s Gaven Lane shot a stellar 5-under 67 in the Boys 14 & Under division Sunday afternoon.
Grand Prairie’s Tangle Ridge Golf Club has hosted the North Texas Classic since its inception in 2015. The Jeff Brauer designed golf course challenges players with elevation changes, subtle Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda greens and the perfectly placed fairway bunkers. The Boys 15-18 division is playing 6,795 yards, while the Boys 14 & Under division is playing 6,340 yards and all girls are playing 5,979 yards.
Park started on the 10th hole and came out on fire. He birdied the short, par-4 11th and then had back-to-back birdies on the 14th and 15th holes, and another on the 18th. His 4-under opening nine allowed him to play steady, consistent golf on his back nine, making just a lone bogey on the second hole, but ended his round with a birdie on the ninth.
Fojtasek Jr. had a different route to his opening round 68. He started out 1-over par on his opening nine, then had a birdie on the 10th hole, followed by an eagle on the 11th. He had a par on the 12th, followed by three straight birdies. He bogeyed the 18th hole, but shot a 5-under 31 on the back nine.
Austin’s Evan Vo and San Angelo’s Jansen Smith sit just one shot back of Park and Fojtasek Jr. after Saturday’s first round. Vo started hot, getting to 5-under through 14 holes, but made two bogeys in his final four holes. Smith started even-par through his first 10 holes, then caught fire down the stretch. David Harrison, Cole Fisher, and Tucker Allen all shot 2-under 70 and sit two back of the leading duo.
In the Girls 12-18 division, Jones carded four birdies on the front nine, including back-to-back on the difficult 520-yard par-5 eighth hole and the short, par-3 ninth. She missed a four foot birdie putt on the 10th hole, but followed it up with a birdie on the short, par-3 11th hole. She was 3-under through the 13 before making back-to-back bogeys at the 14th and 15th.
Jones leads by two shots over Alden Wallace of Shreveport, La. Wallace’s 1-over 73 included three birdies in her first four holes. She struggled down the stretch but still sits in solo second place behind Jones. Plano’s Ashley Liu and Carrollton’s Symran Shah sit in a tie for third place after 4-over 76s.
In the Boys 14 & Under division, Lane, the Texas State Junior Champion, had seven birdies on his scorecard. He started hot, carding a birdie on the second hole, and followed it up with three more on his opening loop. His steady play allowed three more birdies on the back nine.
Lane leads by two shots over Flower Mound’s Rohit Madireddi. Madireddi’s 2-under 70 was constistent, carding 14 pars, three birdies and one bogey. Andrew Spaulding of Spring sits in third place after a 1-under 71. Jake Bendetti and Aj So sit a tie for fourth place heading into Sunday’s final round.
Final round tee times are scheduled to begin at 8:00 AM off the first and 10th tees Sunday morning. For more information on the North Texas Classic and the Legends Junior Tour, please visit www. TLJT.org
For complete first round results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes