Diamonds Lead Texas Father-Son after Firing 61 in Round 2
FRISCO – Jack and John Diamond of Houston were on a mission when they birdied their first three holes in the second round of the Texas Father-Son at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club Fazio course. The Diamonds shot an 11-under 61 to put themselves at 16-under for the tournament with a two-stroke lead.
(Click here for scores.)
The duo really got things going on their back nine, the course’s front nine, where they went 7-under in six holes with 5 birdies and an eagle.
Matt and Scott Van Zandt, who finished runner-up in this tournament last year shot 8-under which puts them at 14-under for the tournament and sitting in second place yet again.
The defending champions Dean and Cameron Brown are only three shots back of the leaders after a second round 65.
Jeff and Walker White took the outright lead in the Hogan Flight after a second-round net score of 9-under 63 which put them at a tournament total of 17-under-par. Randy Mattingley and Trey Rowe sit two shots behind the Whites at 15-under.
The Nelson Flight is led by the father-son team of Derek and Eddie Bell who came out strong with a net 9-under 63 in round two. The Bells started the day one stroke off the lead but will go into the final round at net 20-under with a four-stroke advantage over the first round leaders Clay and Connor Keene.
The Crenshaw Flight also has a new leader. Adam and Andre Villarrial were able to put together a second round score of net 63 to move from T2nd to a solo lead. Chip and Mike Block are only one stroke back of the Villarrials after shooting a net 8-under in round two.
Bob and Grayson West were able to hold onto their lead in the Kite Flight by also shooting a net 9-under in round two. James and Matt Mahan made a run with an impressive net 11-under to bring themselves within one shot of the leaders heading into the final round.
The Championship Division consists of 40 teams with the lowest combined handicap indexes and will play four-ball stroke play the first two rounds. After 36 holes, the low 19 teams (and ties) continue on in the Championship Flight and will play combined score (individual stroke play using both players scores) in the final round. The three-day total is the team's score for the championship. There are 23 teams that made the cut and will compete to become the 2018 Texas Father-Son Overall Champion.
Teams not making the 36-hole cut in the Championship Flight will compete in the President’s Flight and play another round of four-ball stroke play. The format for all other flights is 54-hole net four-ball stroke play.
The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club Fazio course is hosting the Texas Father-Son for the second time in the tournament’s 38-year history. The course, which is located on-site of The Westin Stonebriar Hotel, was designed by Tom Fazio and showcases dramatic landforms, subtly contoured greens and is bordered by native grass and masterful bunkering.
The final round of the Texas Father-Son will start tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. For more information, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes