Teams Set for Jackie Burke Cup
Galveston – The Teams are set and Moody Gardens Golf Course is ready for the 14th edition of the Jackie Burke Cup Matches on Nov. 10-11.
The North Team has won the last four Jackie Burke Cups and will look to even the all-time series this weekend. Leading the North Team in 2018 is Dallas’ Connor Adams, who finished runner-up in the Boys 15-18 Player of the Year Standings, followed by Temple’s Dallas Hankamer, Argyle’s Gaven Lane, Plano’s Matthew Comegys, Flower Mound’s Rohit Madireddi, Lucas’ Jay Pabin, Lewisville’s Junwoo Park, Dallas’ Mateo Trevino, Dallas’ Hailey Jones, Abilene’s Maddi Olson, Dallas’ Ben Delarosa and Dallas’ Andrew Petruzzelli. Brandon Smith of Frisco is the captain of the North Team.
Adams was a winner at the Flodder Financial Shootout in June, while Matthew Comegys finished runner-up after a one-hole playoff. Hankamer finished runner-up at the Bluebonnet Championship and tied for second at the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic. Madireddi was victorious at the James A. Ragan Memorial in Corpus Christi, which saw similar weather conditions as Galveston. Lane finished tied for second at the Byron Nelson Junior Championship, while Pabin finished runner-up at the George Hannon Junior Invitational and Park finished runner-up at the North Texas Classic.
Jones is competing in her fifth Jackie Burke Cup. The three-time Girls 12-18 Player of the Year picked up a win at the Fall Challenge last month and a pair of runner-up finishes this season. Olson picked up a win at the Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic earlier this year, while Petruzzelli and Delarosa each recorded four top-5 finishes. Petruzzelli won the Boys 14 & Under player of the Year Award for 2018.
The South Team, which holds a 7-6 lead in the overall series of the Jackie Burke Cup Matches, will look to win for the first time since 2013. Captained by Chandler Phillips, the South Team will consist of Boys 15-18 Player of the Year Thomas Bockholt III of Austin, Jacob Borow of Lake Jackson, Cole Sherwood of Austin, Stephen Campbell Jr. of Richmond, Jacob Sosa of Austin, Vishnu Sadagopan of Pearland, Christian Hernandez of League City, Shochiro Kato of San Antonio, Keaton Vo of Austin, Grant Yerger of Driftwood, Elise Parel of Kingwood and Girls 12-18 Player of the Year Zoe Slaughter of Houston.
Bockholt won twice on tour in 2018, first at the Spring Preview in March and most recently at the Texas Cup Invitational on Nov. 3-4. Borow was a runner-up in two events this year, including the Texas Junior Amateur, which Jacob Sosa won. Sherwood finished tied for third in the Texas Junior Amateur and tied for sixth at the Byron Nelson Junior Championship. Sadagopan finished third at the George Hannon Junior Invitational, while Hernandez tied for second at the Collegiate Preview and Kato tied for seventh at the Texas Junior Amateur.
Slaughter is playing in her second Jackie Burke Cup and her first since winning the Girls 12-18 Player of the Year Award. She is joined by Parel, who finished runner-up in the player of the year standings in the Girls 12-18 Division. Vo and Yerger are representing the Boys 14 & Under Division for the South team and both players won once in 2018.
Moody Gardens Golf Course is hosting the Jackie Burke Cup matches for the first time in tournament history. Players will have to navigate Moody Gardens’ par-72 layout as well as judge the wind direction and speed throughout each round. The course was designed by Peter Jacobsen and Jim Hardy and features a fun layout surrounded by numerous water hazards.
The Jackie Burke Cup matches consist of three rounds with players earning points towards their team’s overall score. Players are divided into a North and South team each year based on where they reside. There are a possible 48 points available during the matches and the North Team will only need 24 to retain the cup while the South Team will need 25 to win.
The matches get underway on Saturday, Nov. 10 with four-ball matches in the morning and quickly followed by foursome matches in the afternoon. The singles matches on Sunday will decide who will win the Jackie Burke Cup in 2018 and which captain will have bragging rights.
For more information on the Jackie Burke Cup Matches, click here.
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 23 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsThank you TGA for a beautiful tribute to such an amazing man. John was simply the BEST! He will be ...Oh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!14 Likes