Bluebonnet Championship Returns for 18th Year
DALLAS – The Legends Junior Tour returns to action with the Bluebonnet Championship following a break in tournaments. The championship returns to Brownwood Country Club on May 4-5.
The 36-hole stroke play championship features 144 golfers who will compete on the par-72 course that stretches to 6,227 yards for the boys and 5,748 yards for the girls. Players will compete in three separate divisions, Boys 15-18, Girls 12-18 and Boys 14 & Under.
The Bluebonnet Championship was started by Brownwood businessman Bart Johnson in 2001. The tournament has an impressive list of past champions that includes two PGA Tour winners, Patrick Reed and Cody Gribble, and other junior golfers that have gone on to success at the next level like Brett Spencer, Cory Whitsett, Charles Kim, Cooper Dossey, Maddie Szeryk, Greta Bruner, Noah Goodwin, Scottie Scheffler and Stratton Nolen. After not being held in 2006, the Legends Junior Tour took control of the tournament in 2007 and it has consistently produced one of the largest, and strongest, fields of the year.
Luke Dossey, Kaelen Dulany and Calynne Rosholt won their divisions in last year’s Bluebonnet Championship. Dossey posted rounds of 67-69 to get to 8-under overall and win the Boys 15-18 Division, while Dulany won the Boys 14 & Under Division at 2-over 146 and Rosholt won the Girls 12-18 Division at 4-under 140.
This championship is ranked by both Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek. Competitors who finish in the top half of the field will gain points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The top five finishers in the Boys 15-18 Division will earn a spot in the Byron Nelson Junior Championship and the Texas Junior Amateur. The winners of the Boys 14 & Under Division and the Girls 12-18 Division will each earn an exemption into the George Hannon Junior Invitational and the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational.
Along with rankings on the Legends Junior Tour, the top finishers in each division will earn AJGA stars based on their finishes. The Bluebonnet Championship also serves as a qualifier for the IMG Academy Junior World Championships in California on July 8-12.
The top finishers in each Junior World Championships age division will earn exemptions. A total of six players, three boys and three girls, will gain entry into the event in San Diego.
Brownwood Country Club was designed by Leon Howard and opened in 1929. The course features an open layout that gives players ample opportunities at making low scores. The greens however can be challenging if you miss your spot.
Since the LJT took over the event in 2007, the champion of the Boys 15-18 Division has been under par each year with McClure Meissner getting the furthest under par at 13-under 131 in 2016. Stratton Nolen posted the best score in the Boys 14 & Under Division since 2007 at 7-under 135, while Sara Camarena and Calynne Rosholt are tied for the lowest in the Girls 12-18 Division at 4-under 140.
For more information about the Bluebonnet Championship, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes