Hanley, Mierl and Moore Win at Bluebonnet Championship
Briefly: Brody Hanley of Lantana won the Boys 15-18 Division after making a 15-foot birdie putt on the first playoff hole at Brownwood Country Club. MacKenzie Moore of Trophy Club completed her wire-to-wire victory in the Girls 12-18 Division with an overall score of 3-under 141, while Austin’s Trenton Mierl won the Boys 14 & Under Division after shooting 1-under 71 on Sunday.
Boys 15-18 Division
1. Brody Hanley, Lantana, TX 134
2. Jackson Davenport, Austin, TX 134
3. Dallas Hankamer, Temple, TX 137
T4. Five Players Tied 138
Girls 12-18 Division
1. MacKenzie Moore, Trophy Club, TX 141
T2. Calynne Rosholt, Cedar Park, TX 143
T2. Hailey Jones, Dallas, TX 143
4. Meagan Winans, Richardson, TX 144
5. Hallie Kuhns, Austin, TX 145
Boys 14 & Under Division
1. Trenton Mierl, Austin, TX 141
T2. Daniel Zou, The Woodlands, TX 143
T2. Ryder Cowan, Edmond, OK 143
T2. Tyler Lee, Dallas, TX 143
5. Grant Yerger, Driftwood, TX 144
Top Finishers: Hanley shot 6-under 66 in the final round along with Austin’s Jackson Davenport and the two finished tied after 36 holes at 134 overall. Hanley made his 15-foot birdie putt on the first hole, while Davenport’s putt skirted just past the hole and he settled for par. Temple’s Dallas Hankamer finished third in the division at 7-under 137, while five players tied at 6-under 138 overall, including Texas Junior Amateur Champion Jacob Sosa. Cedar Park’s Calynne Rosholt, who won the Girls 12-18 Division last year, and Dallas’ Hailey Jones finished tied for second in the Girls 12-18 Division at 1-under 143. Richardson’s Meagan Winans finished fourth in the division at even-par, while Austin’s Hallie Kuhns finished fifth at 1-over. Three players tied for second in the Boys 14 & Under Division. Ryder Cowan of Edmond, Okla. posted rounds of 71-72 to get to 1-under overall, while Tyler Lee of Dallas shot 70-73 and Daniel Zou of The Woodlands shot 73-70. Grant Yerger of Driftwood finished fifth in the division at even-par.
Golf Course: Brownwood Country Club has hosted the Bluebonnet Championship every year since its inception in 2000. The club sits in central Texas and features ample opportunities for players to go low and make birdies. The course stretches out to 6,300 yards for the boys and 5,800 yards for the girls.
Weather: Weather was again perfect on Sunday, with blue skies and sunshine throughout the day. The wind was steady at 10 to 15 miles per hour again offering players a little test as they navigated the course.
Tournament Format: The Bluebonnet Championship is a 36-hole stroke play event for players ages 12-19 that have a valid membership with a member of the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The tournament field features 144 players across three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Past Champions: Past champions of this event include Patrick Reed, Cody Gribble, Brett Spencer, Cory Whitsett, Cooper and Luke Dossey, Maddie Szeryk, Greta Bruner, Noah Goodwin, Scottie Scheffler, Hailey Jones, Cole Hammer and Stratton Nolen.
What’s Next: The next event on the Legends Junior Tour schedule is the Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship, which will be celebrating its 20th year on June 4-6 at Lakewood Country Club. The event is a boys-only event and the top five finishers in the overall Boys Division from the Bluebonnet Championship qualified for the event.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes