Owens, Kent and Mu Win Divisions at Fall Challenge
1. Boyd Owens -7 137
2. Shaheen Momin -3 141
T3. Clifton Armstrong -1 143
T3. Cooper New -1 143
5. Brian Boles +1 145
1.Caroline Kent +6 150
2. Estelle Seon +7 151
T3. Emily Mu +9 153
T3. Helen Park +9 153
T5. Ryann Honea +10 154
Boys 14 & Under
1.Kevin Mu E 144
2. Andrew Petruzzelli +2 146
3. Daniel Macias +9 153
4. Grant Yerger +9 153
5. Austin Hofferkamp +12 156
Leaders: Owens earned his first victory in the Boys 15-18 Division by posting rounds of 67-70 and finishing four strokes ahead of the field. He made an eagle on the par-5 second hole and finished the week with two eagles and seven birdies in 36 holes. Kent held a one-stroke lead heading into Sunday’s round and finished one stroke ahead to pick up her first win with the Legends Junior Tour. She shot 5-over 77 in the final round, making birdie on holes two, four and 12. Mu was seven strokes back heading into the final round, but posted a score of 3-under 69 to win the Boys 14 & Under Division and earn his first win with the LJT. He made five birdies on Sunday and finished with seven total birdies in 36 holes.
Top Finishers: Shaheen Momin of Sugar Land finished runner-up in the Boys 15-18 Division after shooting rounds of 69-72. Keller’s Clifton Armstrong fired a 4-under 68 on Sunday and finished tied for third with Comfort’s Cooper New at 1-under 143.Lubbock’s Brian Boles finished fifth at 1-over 145, while Lucas Wright and Alex Kopenhaver tied for sixth at 2-over. Estelle Seon, who played in the final group with Kent, finished second in the Girls 12-18 Division at 151 overall. Plano’s Helen Park and Austin’s Emily Mu tied for third at 153, while four others tied for fifth at 154. Dallas’ Andrew Petruzzelli finished behind Mu in the Boys 14 & Under Division at 2-over 146, while Daniel Macias of Austin and Grant Yerger of Driftwood finished tied for third at 153 overall.
Weather: Similar to Saturday, the winds were up with an overcast sky for the final round of the Fall Challenge. Wind ranged around 25 miles per hour and gusted upwards of 40 miles per hour while temperatures crept up towards 90 degrees. There was no rain overnight, which allowed the groups to tee off on time.
Past Champions: Owens, Kent and Mu join a list of past champions that includes Crosby Guercio, Tucker Allen, Tomek Pickrell, Treed Huang, Hailey Jones and Halle Whitney.
Tournament History: The Fall Challenge was created three years ago to fill the demand of more open events on the Legends Junior Tour. The event has posted a strong 84-player field each year and The Rawls Course joins Traditions Club and The Campus Course at Texas A&M as past host sites of this event.
Next Up: The Legends Junior Tour will head south to Corpus Christi, Texas for the James A. Ragan Memorial at Corpus Christi Country Club. The 84-player field will take on the Robert Trent Jones Sr. course and be tested by some more windy conditions.
For more information on the Fall Challenge, click here.
- Drop your answers below ⬇️
📆 Event Calendar Available at: https://www.txga.org/event-directory/?event_year=2021&event_month=any
- 12 Players Invited to 2021 Curtis Cup Practice Session The USGA has invited 12 top female amateur golfers to take part in a 2021 Curtis Cup practice session at Lake Nona in Orlando, Fla., later this month. 1 Likes
- 📢 Registration Now Open 📢
TGA Member Clubs/Facilities, don't miss the opportunity to play against each other in our annual team match play competition, the #TexasLeaguePlay! Learn more and sign up today: https://www.txga.org/texas-league-play-general-information-2021 1 Likes
- Lone Star Golf December 2020Champions GC Shines at 75th U.S. Women's Open Facing more challenges, stress and extraordinary complications than imaginable, Champions Golf Course Shines, executing an unforgettable 75th U.S. Women's Open! Follow the link for the full story. #LoneStarGolf
https://qoo.ly/39utfdce2f7-0f4dcfcc7e-# 3 Likes
- Timeline Photos #TGAMembers don't miss this month's 48-hour #TexasTuesday deal! Save up to 50% off TGA-customized #UnderArmour apparel & #ClubGlove bags. Check your email for access to the Texas Tuesday Vault! Not a member? Sign up today! https://buff.ly/3gRu264 #TGAPlayersBox 1 Likes
- #WomenWorthWatching We believe that women's #golf is worth watching. But did you know that of all #sports covered in America, only 4 percent feature #female #athletes?
Join the conversation #WomenWorthWatching
https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/women-worth-watching.html 2 Likes
- Tillie Claggett Makes LPGA Debut at the VOA Classic 👏 Good luck, Tillie Claggett! #VOAClassic 3 Likes
- Supporting Triumph Over Kids Cancer is personal for Scheffler Texas native and #LJTAlumni, Scottie Scheffler, recently supported Triumph Over Kid Cancer. His personal connection to the charity runs deep and dates back to his time playing on the Legends Junior Tour!
#JARMemorial 12 Likes
- Giving Tuesday Play Day- Crown Colony Country Club Event Portal :: Join us in Lufkin, TX for a special #GivingTuesday event, where all proceeds go toward the #TGAFoundation.
📍 Crown Colony
📅 Tues., Dec. 1 @ 10AM
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Lunch & Prizes
Follow ... 1 Likes