Tan, Winans and Petruzzelli Win at James A. Ragan Memorial
Boys 15-18 Division
1. Andrew Tan 136
T2. Cole Sherwood 141
T2. Jackson Drake 141
T4. Shaheen Momin 142
T4. Alejandro Gonzalez 142
Girls 12-18 Division
1. Meagan Winans 140
2. Gabbi Bentancourt 142
3. Caroline Kent 147
4. Denise Pan 148
5. Sky Sudberry 150
Boys 14 & Under Division
1. Andrew Petruzzelli 142
2. Grant Yerger 145
T3. Jonathan Kim 147
T3. Kevin Mu 147
5. Daniel Macias 149
Leaders: Tan posted consecutive rounds of 3-under 68 to get to 6-under overall and five strokes ahead of the field in the Boys 15-18 Division. The win was Tan’s first with the Legends Junior Tour as he racked up 10 birdies and an eagle in 36 holes. The eagle came on the par-5 fifth. Winans posted the low round of the day with a 4-under 67 and won the Girls 12-18 Division by two strokes. She joins her sister, Libby, as a past champion of this event after going bogey free and making four birdies in the final round. Petruzzelli picks up his second win of the second with a score of even-par 142 in the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Top Finishers: Austin’s Cole Sherwood and Lubbock’s Jackson Drake finished tied for second in the Boys 15-18 Division at 1-under 141. Shaheen Momin of Sugar Land and Alejandro Gonzalez of Mexico tied for fourth in the division at even-par 142, while Jacob King of Boerne and Peyton Johnson of Shreveport tied for sixth. Frisco’s Gabbi Bentancourt finished second in the Girls 12-18 Division behind Winans, while Caroline Kent, who won the LJT Fall Challenge last month, finished third. Houston’s Denise Pan finished fourth and Sky Sudberry of The Woodlands finished fifth in the Girls 12-18 Division. Driftwood’s Grant Yerger finished runner-up in the Boys 14 & Under Division, while Round Rock’s Jonathan Kim and Austin’s Kevin Mu tied for third.
Course: The course features an open layout that works its way through a residential area and maneuver its way across hills and bodies of water. Tall palm trees surround the property and the wind plays a huge factor into each shot for the player. The course is being played as a par-71 for the event and around 6,500 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,100 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and almost 5,800 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
Weather: The weather was perfect again on Monday with temperatures creeping up to 90 degrees and winds ranging from 10-15 miles per hour.
About James: James Ragan started playing on the LJT in 2008 and recorded three top-25 finishes. The Corpus Christi native won the 2010 Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic and earned a spot in the Jackie Burke Cup Matches. He would go on to win the LJT’s first Sportsmanship Award and the next year the award was named after him. Ragan was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma in 2006, which is a rare type of pediatric cancer. He founds “Triumph Over Kid Cancer” which is an organization that has raised more than $3 million dollars for pediatric cancer research. James passed away in 2014 but TOKC has kept going with the help of the Ragan family.
About TOKC: Founded by James Ragan in 2007, Triumph Over Kid Cancer is dedicated to improving the lives of children with cancer by raising their spirits, raising the public’s awareness and funding research to improve the treatment and survivability of pediatric cancers.
What’s Next: The Legends Junior Tour heads to Eagle Point Golf Club in Mont Belvieu on Oct. 26-27. The event is the final one of the year before the Legends Junior Tour will award it’s Players of the Year at the Jackie Burke Cup matches.
For more information on the James A. Ragan Memorial, click here. To see all the scores from the event, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes