Texas Junior Golf Alliance to Host First Annual Invitational
MONT BELVIEU – The growth of junior golf is a priority for golf associations across the country. Texas is no exception.
Back in 2012, the four most prominent junior golf tours in the state joined forces to create the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The goal was to give junior golfers greater access to top-tier statewide competition while lessening the burden of travel expenses. The partnership between the TGA’s Legends Junior Tour, Northern Texas PGA, Southern Texas PGA and the Houston Golf Association has been a success.
Fast forward eight years, and the LJT is taking the Alliance to a new level. Earlier this year, the LJT announced a new event, the first annual Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational at Eagle Pointe Golf Club in Mont Belvieu from Oct. 26-27.
“The Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational was formed to highlight the growth of the Alliance Members and the champions that come out of the All-American and Prestige Tours as well as the Performance Series,” LJT Tour Tournament Director Kevin Porter said.
Home of the most competitive junior golf in the state, the LJT wanted to increase its Alliance partners’ opportunities for their tournament winners to earn spots in LJT’s elite championships. That’s how the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational field will be determined. Winners of select events from the NTPGA, STPGA and HGA’s junior tours receive invitations to the tournament. Additionally, players ranked high on the current LJT Player of the Year Points Lists will be invited.
“The Alliance provides a clear pathway for our local junior players on the Section’s Junior Tours to reach the Legends Junior Tour, which is the top of the playing pyramid in Texas,” NTPGA Executive Director Mark Harrison said.
Collectively each year the four organizations provide playing opportunities to more than 6,000 junior boys and girls in 500-plus tournaments. The NTPGA’s All-American Tour and STPGA’s Prestige Tour serve as qualifiers into Legends Junior Tour Invitationals.
“We are always looking for new ways to get juniors into elite competitions,” STPGA Executive Director Thomas Hutton said. “The Alliance has allowed all of us to work together, grow junior golf participation and create opportunities all over Texas.”
The first annual Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational will feature a field of 84 players. Three divisions compete separately: Boys 15-18, Girls 12-18 and Boys 14 & Under. It is the final championship of the season to count toward the 2019 LJT Player of the Year Points Standings. Shaheen Momin of Sugar Land leads the Boys 15-18 Division; while Lauren Nguyen of Katy leads the Girls 12-18 Division and Grant Yerger of Driftwood leads the Boys 14 & Under Division.
“I think it’s great for junior golf,” Eagle Pointe Golf Club General Manager Jeff Strong said. “It’s always good to give back to the game so we are excited to be a part of this event.”
The first round begins at 8 a.m. on Oct. 26. Final Round pairings will be redrawn according to first round scores and begin at 8 a.m. the next day.
For more information on the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes