Frizzell, Sinz and Zou Win Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational
1. Henry Frizzell 136
2. Kevin Watts 138
T3. Xing Luo 141
T3. Zachary Kingsland 141
5. Patrick Kahanek 142
1. Elina Sinz 142
2. Tillie Claggett 145
3. Cari Denson 146
4. Estelle Seon 150
5. Ryan Ko 151
Boys 14 & Under
1. Daniel Zou 134
2. Trenton Mierl 140
T3. Davis Ovard 143
T3. Grant Yerger 143
5. Kevin Mu 147
Champions: All three winners were leading heading into Sunday’s final round. Frizzell posted consecutive rounds of 68 to get to 6-under 136 overall and two strokes ahead of the Boys 15-18 Division field. Frizzell totaled 10 birdies and an eagle in 36 holes, making three birdies and an eagle on the 11th hole on Sunday’s final round. Frizzell has two wins this season with the LJT after winning the George Hannon Junior Invitational in August. Sinz picked up her second win of the year after shooting back-to-back rounds of even-par 71. She held off the Girls 12-18 Division field by three strokes after making four birdies throughout the weekend. Zou made four more birdies on Sunday to bring his total up to nine for the weekend with only one bogey. He finished four strokes ahead of the Boys 14 & Under Division field and earned his first victory with the LJT.
Top Finishers: In the Boys 15-18 Division, Colleyville’s Kevin Watts finished runner-up after shooting 4-under 67 on Sunday and finishing 4-under overall. Xing Luo of Katy and Zachary Kingsland of Austin finished tied for third at 1-under 141, while San Antonio’s Patrick Kahanek finished fifth at even-par 142. Tillie Claggett of The Woodlands finished second in the Girls 12-18 Division at 145 overall followed by Hankamer’s Cari Denson in third, Trophy Club’s Estelle Seon in fourth and Plano’s Ryan Ko in fifth. Austin’s Trenton Mierl finished behind Zou in the Boys 14 & Under Division at 2-under overall. Frisco’s Davis Ovard and Driftwood’s Grant Yerger tied for third in the division while Kevin Mu of Austin finished fifth.
About the Texas Junior Golf Alliance: The Texas Junior Golf Alliance was formed in 2012 and offers junior golfers a clear path to the best tournaments in Texas. The alliance is made up of the Legends Junior Tour, the South Texas PGA, the North Texas PGA and the Houston Golf Association. The alliance allows players a chance to compete at all levels and to grow their games as they progress.
Weather: The weather on Sunday couldn’t be any better at Eagle Pointe Golf Club. The sun was out all throughout the day and the wind stayed under 10 miles per hour. Temperatures started in the low 60s in the morning and crept upwards of 75 degrees in the afternoon.
Golf Course: Eagle Pointe Golf Club opened for play in 1999 and was designed by Rick Forester. The rolling hills and elevation changes make Eagle Pointe very different from most Houston area course. The fairways are surrounded by towering pine trees and the Cherry Point Gully weaves its way through the course, while the Old River is the boundary on several holes. The course stretches out to almost 7,000 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,500 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 5,900 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
What’s next: The Legends Junior Tour season finishes up with the Jackie Burke Cup matches at Wichita Falls Country Club on Nov. 9-10. The matches pit the North Squad versus the South Squad with each side making up the top 12 players on the LJT Player of the Year Points from 2019.
For more information on the Texas Junior Golf Alliance Invitational, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes