Watkins, O’Keefe and Miller Win at Lanny Wadkins Junior Champsionship
Briefly: Matthew Watkins of Heath wins the Boys 15-18 Division at 6-under 138 overall. Farah O’Keefe of Austin wins the Girls 12-18 Division by one shot, while Nathan Miller of Dallas wins the Boys 14 & Under Division.
Boys 15-18 Division
- Matthew Watkins, Heath 138
2. Seth Bearden, Crowell 140
3. Matthew Comegys, Plano 141
T4. Daniel Moon, Temple 143
T4. Davis Ovard, Frisco 143
- Farah O’Keefe, Austin 150
2. Alise Knudson, Dallas 151
T3. Delaney Martin, Boerne 152
T3. Halle Whitney, Magnolia 152
5. Allyn Stephens, Houston 153
Boys 14 & Under
- Nathan Miller, Dallas 141
2. Finn Burkholder, The Woodlands 147
3. Rhett O’Rear, Plano 151
4. Brooks Harper, Dallas 153
5. Elijah Estonilo, Allen 154
Winners: Matthew Watkins recorded rounds of 70-68 to win the Boys 15-18 Division by two shots. Watkins recorded 10 birdies over two days and played the front nine at 6-under par for the event. Farah O’Keefe birdied 18 on the final day to win by one in the Girls 12-18 Division. With her win, O’Keefe earns and exemptions in the Volunteers of America Classis Girl’s Match Play Championship on September 4-6 at Old American Golf Club. Nathan Miller posted rounds of 70-71 to earn his first LJT victory in the Boys 14 & Under Division. He tallied nine birdies over the two days to secure a six-shot victory.
In Contention: Crowell’s Seth Bearden finished in solo second at 4-under 140, thanks to a final round score of 3-under 69, which included three birdies and an eagle. Plano’s Matthew Comegys used two eagles in is final six holes to finish the tournament in solo third at 3-under 141. Playing up in the Boys 15-18 Division, Frisco’s Davis Ovard tied for fourth with Temple’s Daniel Moon at 1-under 143. Alise Knudson of Dallas finished runner up in the Girls 12-18 Division at 7-over 151. Delaney Martin of Boerne and Magnolia’s Halle Whitney finished tied for third at 8-over 152. Rounding out the top five is Houston’s Allyn Stephens at 9-over 153. The Woodlands’ Finn Burkholder used a final round 69 to finish second in the Boys 14 & Under Division at 3-over 147. Rhett O’Rear of Plano finishes in third at 7-over 151. Brooks Harper of Dallas and Allen’s Elijah Estonilo rounded out the top five at 9-over 153 and 10-over 154 respectively.
Golf Course: Brookhaven Country Club features three unique courses that were designed by Byron Nelson and Press Maxwell in 1958. The Masters Course is hosting the Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship for the second straight year and stretches out to 6,900 yards in the Boys 15-18 Division, 6,500 yards in the Boys 14 & Under Division and 6,000 yards in the Girls 12-18 Division.
Weather: After a cool and cloudy morning, temperatures crept up above 94 degrees with blue skies and mild winds.
Tournament Format: The Lanny Wadkins Junior Championship is a 36-hole stroke-play event for players ages 12-19 that have an active membership with the Texas Junior Golf Alliance. The event is divided into three divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 14 & Under and Girls 12-18.
Tournament Exemptions: All players that finish in the top half of each division will earn points towards the LJT Player of the Year Standings. The event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek.
Next Up: The Legends Junior Tour heads to Hurricane Creek Country Club for the Collegiate Preview on July 6-7. Qualifying for the Texas Junior Amateur Boys Division is currently underway throughout the state.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes