Emma McMyler Leads Women’s Stroke Play After Round 2
KERRVILLE – Emma McMyler of San Antonio, a rising sophomore from Xavier University, soared to the top of the leaderboard after round 2 of the Women’s Stroke Play with three eagles and a birdie at The Club at Comanche Trace. McMyler finished with an incredible 6-under par 66 to grab the lead after 36 holes.
McMyler started Saturday morning 4 shots back from the no. 1 spot, carding a 2-over par 74 after Friday’s round. She got off to a blistering start with 2 eagles on the front nine, first on par-5 4th hole and again on the par-5 9th. With a lone bogey on the 408-yard, par-4 no. 5, McMyler made the turn at 3-under par 33.
Heading into the back nine, McMyler wasn’t slowing down, with a birdie on the par-5 no. 13, she followed up with her third eagle on the par-5 16th hole to enter the clubhouse with a 6-under 66 on Moving Day.
“I just kept really steady and focused on the next shot and really took advantage of the par 5s,” McMyler said of her round. When asked specifically about her three eagles during her round, McMyler said “I hit all three greens, hit two of them to 10 feet, one to 3 feet and made a little putt, it was fun.”
With the trophy in sight, McMyler doesn’t plan on letting up.
“I’m just going to keep to my same game plan, keep hitting greens and making putts,” McMyler said of her goals for the final round.
McMyler’s 6-under round places her at the top of the leaderboard at 4-under for the tournament. She has a 3-stroke lead over second place Auburn University soon-to-be junior Elina Sinz of Katy. Sinz finished her second round Saturday one-under par 71 and clearly not ready to give up the trophy just yet.
Not far behind and tied for 3rd place at even-par through two rounds of the 54-hole championship are Austin’s Bentley Cotton and Hailey Jones from Dallas. Cotton, a University of Texas rising sophomore and defending Women’s Texas Amateur champion, was on the hunt for the top of the leaderboard, finishing 2-under par 70 for Saturday’s round. Jones struggled today posting a 2-over 74 after finishing Friday’s round with a 2-under 70.
The flights division is led by Kelly Nittoli of San Antonio who finished 3-under 69 after Saturday’s round, totaling 2-under 142 after the second round. Nittoli is 3 strokes ahead of second place Cynthia (Camm) Dougherty who sits at one-over 145 through 36 holes.
The final round of the Women’s Stroke Play will commence Sunday at 7:30 a.m. For more information, including complete scoring, click here.
- Emma McMyler goes 6-under par after round 2 of Women’s #strokeplay 😱 at #comanchetrace
read the round 2 recap here: https://www.txga.org/2021/06/26/emma-mcmyler-leads-womens-stroke-play-after-round-2/
check out the round 2 leaderboard here: https://www.txga.org/tga-womens-stroke-play-championship-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at Comanche Trace. 1 Likes
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway Looking forward to seeing you all there for a beautiful #celebration of #Golf, #Lifestyle & #WomensEmpowerment! Register today for this virtual event, presented by Texas Golf Association & Toyota USA, hosted @ the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. ... 1 Likes
- Female Forum Series | Project Fairway REGISTER NOW at https://qoo.ly/3cusw2 and tune in Mon., July 5th to The #ProjectFairway #Dallas Female Forum 2021 Virtual Empowerment Experience presented by Texas Golf Association and Toyota USA hosted in the Play Golf Designs Inc. Virtual Country Club. We'll discuss ... 1 Likes
- White Bluff Resort- Old Course Play Day Event :: Are you in need of a #staycation? Head to #Whitney for #golf & #relaxation! Register for this #FunGolf Play Day today!
📍 White Bluff Resort - Old Course
📅 Sun., July 11 @ 8:30 AM Shotgun
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Austyn Reily Wins the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Minutes after Austyn Reily calmly tapped in a 3-foot par putt on Sunday to win the 112th Texas Amateur by a single shot, he didn’t credit supreme ball-striking, accuracy off the ... 26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Doggett, Reily Tied for Lead at 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – A pair of collegiate upperclassmen share the 54-hole lead in the 112th Texas Amateur at 8-under-par 208. Jake Doggett, a fifth-year senior at Midwestern State University, and Austyn Reily, ... 7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Wyatt Koricanek Grabs 36-Hole Lead at the 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Wyatt Koricanek was one of the last players to get into the field at the 112th Texas Amateur. Through 36 holes at Midland Country Club, the Yorktown resident ... 14 CommentsWay to go Wyatt!!! Good luck for the finish! 🏌🏼♂️Great Job Wyatt ⛳️WAY TO GO WYATT!!!👏👏👏54 Likes
- 👏🏼 A special thank you to our wonderful volunteers for their help in conducting this week’s 112th #TexasAmateur. We couldn’t do it without you!
Texas Golf Association is at Midland Country Club. 2 CommentsSo many great people! Have a great event!The best in the business right there!26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Clay Hodge Leads 112th Texas Amateur
MIDLAND – Clay Hodge from Tyler scorched Midland Country Club on Thursday with a bogey-free, 8-under-par 64 to grab the lead after the first round of the 112th Texas Amateur. Hodge leads Aaron Hickman, ... 12 Likes
- Texas Amateur 2021 Midland Country Club has a rich championship history, having previously hosted three Texas Amateurs and two Women’s Texas Amateurs, and promises to provide an ideal stage once again for the 2021 #TexasAmateur! 1 CommentsGood luck to all involved hopefully will make threw qualifying for the mid-am this summer7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Crowned Champion of the 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship
Dallas – Preston Stout officially claimed his wire-to-wire victory Thursday at the 22nd Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship. The Richardson J.J. Pearce High School junior finished the ... 1 CommentsCongratulations young man , wishing you continued success with your game.12 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Stout Maintains Veritex Byron Nelson Junior Championship Lead
DALLAS – Preston Stout, a rising junior from J. J. Pierce High School in Richardson, closed Round 2 on Wednesday at the Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship with an eagle on ... 8 Likes
- Texas Amateur 2021 For the first time in over 20 years, the #TexasAmateur heads west for a long-awaited return to Midland Country Club. Who will stand tallest in the expanse of West Texas and claim the state’s coveted amateur prize? Find out this ... 1 CommentsPan American Golf Association of Irving Good luck12 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Preston Stout Leads Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Championship
DALLAS – Preston Stout from Richardson birdied his final hole Tuesday at Lakewood Country Club to take a one-shot lead after one round at the 2021 Veritex Bank Byron Nelson Junior Championship. ... 1 Likes
- Driving Equity Grant Program Expands Women’s Golf Coverage The Driving Equity Grant Program, supported by the USGA, invites media outlets to expand their coverage of women’s golf by offering financial support to alleviate costs. 2 Likes
- Timeline Photos Happy #WomensGolfDay! Ready to get into #golf? Check with your local golf clubs to see if they host women’s clinics. See if there's a LPGA Amateurs Chapter in your area. Check out our #FunGolf (https://buff.ly/3yXnL1A) and Women's #Golf101 Clinics (https://buff.ly/3vJoRM9)! ... 4 Commentshahaha. Representing women golfers of AmericaWell, Texas.Autographs....Jean Ragland😂😂😂😂16 Likes