Texas Super Senior Amateur
White Bluff Resort – New Course
April 24-26, 2023
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: February 15, 2023 at 9:00 AM
Exempt Entry Deadline: March 8, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Entries Close: April 12, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Entry Fee: $350
Eligibility: Entries are open to male amateur golfers residing in the state of Texas age 65 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a certified WHS Handicap Index of 12.4 or less. To be eligible for the Legends Division, golfers must be age 75 or older as of the first round of tournament play, with a Handicap Index of 16.4 or less. Please reference TGA Competition Policies for further details, including Policies and Procedures, and Terms of Competition.
Entry Procedure: The field will be established in the order in which entries are received with a priority for exempt players in each division until the published exemption deadline of March 8, 2023 at 5:00 PM. Once the exemption deadline has passed, and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with wait listed entries, which may affect the size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division.
Format/Field Size: Play will be contested over 54 holes of stroke play. The field will be limited to 84 players, 60 Super Seniors and 24 Legends.
Hotel Reservations: White Bluff Resort has a limited amount of hotel rooms and condos/cabins available on-site for the championship. Please call the resort to book your room on a first serve basis at (254) 694-9276. The room block will be held until Thursday, March 23, 2023; after that, the lodging accommodations will be subject to availability.
After on-site lodging, the closest towns with multiple options for hotel rooms are Cleburne and Hillsboro.
Practice Round Information: Each player is allowed one (1) complimentary practice round on Sunday, April 23, only. Players must contact the host club directly to schedule a practice round AFTER Wednesday, April 12, 2023. Golf shop phone number is (254) 694-3610.
Registration Information: There will be an official registration for the Texas Super Senior Amateur on Sunday, April 23, 2023. Players are asked to arrive and check in with the TGA prior to their practice round tee time.
Starting Times/Pairings Information: Starting times/pairings for the first and second rounds will be made no later than April 19, 2023 online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be available in the evening preceding play (approximately one hour after the completion of play) online at www.txga.org. Final round starting times/pairings will be re-drawn based on total score following the previous rounds of play.
For complete championship information, click here.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, February 15
9:00 AM - Registration Open
Wednesday, March 8
5:00 PM - Registration Exempt Deadline
Wednesday, April 12
5:00 PM - Registration Close
Wednesday, April 19
5:00 PM - Player Information, Round 1/2 Pairings Released
Sunday, April 23
All Day - Player Practice Rounds (#1 Tee)
Monday, April 24
8:00 AM - Round 1 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Tuesday, April 25
8:00 AM - Round 2 Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Wednesday, April 26
8:00 AM - Final Round Begins (#1 & #10 Tees)
Following Play - Awards Presentation
Provided players are otherwise eligible, exemptions are given to the following:
a) Last five (5) Texas Senior Amateur Champions;
- Sandy Pierce ('22), Gary Durbin ('21), John Derrick* ('20), Gary Durbin ('19), Lewis Stephenson ('18)*
b) Last five (5) Texas Super Senior Amateur Champions;
- Chuck Gardner ('22), Wayne Wright ('21), 2020 - Canceled due to COVID-19, Ed Brooks ('19), Mickey Jones ('18)
c) Last two (2) Legends Division Champions of Texas Super Senior Amateur;
- J Wayne Franklin ('22), Mike Rice ('21)
d) Top 15 finishers (and ties) in previous year’s Texas Senior Amateur;
- Sandy Pierce*, Andrew Hydorn*, Mike Booker, Terrence Miskell*, Kyle Kelting*, David Ortego*, Chuck Gardner, Lewis Stephenson*, Lee Sandlin, Tray Tyner*, Tommy Tucker*, John McClure*, Donald O'Connor*, Mark Motes*, Chris Hartenstein*, Bobby Baugh*
e) Top 15 finishers (and ties) in previous year’s Texas Super Senior Amateur;
- Chuck Gardner, Gary Durbin, Hollis Sullivan, Mike Booker, Michael Puls, John Grace, Doug Hopton-Jones, John Stark, Mike Vacek, Henry Coffman, Raymond Garcia, Lee Sandlin, Mike Peck, Dick Stone, David Emery, Dan Hogan, Steve Moran
f) Top three (3) finishers (and ties) in the Legends Division of previous year’s Texas Super Senior Amateur;
- J Wayne Franklin, Bill Holstead, David Wagner
g) Any player that qualified for previous year’s U.S. Senior Open;
- Contact TGA for exemption details
h) Any player that advanced to Match Play in the previous year’s U.S. Senior Amateur;
- Contact TGA for exemption details
i) Top five (5) finishers (and ties) in Super Senior Division of previous year’s West Texas Amateur;
- Mike Peck, Lelan Chiles, Michael Puls, Bobby Haney, Mickey Jones
j) Top ten (10) finishers (and ties) in Super Senior Division of previous year’s Regional Senior Amateurs;
- North: Jim Quinn, Gary Kirwan, Rick Lindsay, Michael Puls, Dick Stone, Bob Neal, Lewis Standfield, Walt Barnes, Dub Huckabee, Bobby Smith, Gregory Hoy
- South: Mike Vacek, Alan Fama, Kent Samuel, Jamey Freisleben, Gary Noto, Scott Broadwell, Douglas Jones, Richard Hageman, Bobby Haney, Raymond Garcia
k) Last three (3) Texas Senior Play of the Year recipients;
- Mike Booker ('22), Lewis Stephenson ('21), Mike Lohner ('20)
l) Top three (3) finishers and ties in previous year's Texas Super Senior Player of the Year;
- Chuck Gardner, Michael Puls, Mike Booker
m) Three (3) host club exemptions.
* indicates player is ineligible