James A. Ragan Memorial Set for Oct. 11-12
CORPUS CHRISTI – The Legends Junior Tour will host the sixth annual James A. Ragan Memorial at Corpus Christi Country Club from Oct. 11-12.
“James’s experiences at Legends Junior Tour tournaments and the friends he made always meant a lot to him,” said Mecklin Ragan, James’s sister and co-founder of the unique foundation, Triumph Over Kids Cancer. “It’s incredibly humbling to see an organization continue to honor James’ memory and help Triumph Over Kids Cancer raise awareness for pediatric cancer by hosting the James A. Ragan Memorial.”
James Ragan was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer in 2006 at the age of 13. Despite undergoing a grueling treatment regimen of chemotherapy, surgeries, radiation and experimental drug trails, Ragan started playing in LJT events just two years after his diagnosis. He became not only one of the top junior golfers in the state, but also one of the most inspirational.
The Corpus Christi native recorded three top-25 finishes on the LJT and won the 2010 Jimmy Demaret Junior Classic. He was a member of the 2010 Jackie Burke Cup South Team and was awarded the LJT Sportsmanship Award. He played in more than 20 events on the LJT before playing collegiately for Rice University in 2011.
After two seasons competing for the Owls, Ragan’s battle with cancer drew to a close in February of 2014. Ragan’s foundation Triumph Over Kids Cancer continues to raise money for cancer research. Today, the fund exceeds $3 million and is dedicated to improving the lives of children with cancer.
In 2015, the LJT created the James A. Ragan Memorial to remember the legacy of Ragan and his character. Now in its sixth year, the championship returns for the fourth time to Ragan’s home course.
“The LJT is honored to host this event as James was a great golfer but an amazing person,” LJT Tournament Director Kevin Porter said. “To team up with Triumph Over Kid Cancer makes this event special and gives players a chance to give back and help James’ cause.”
Last year, Austin’s Andrew Tan captured the Boys 15-18 Division after carding rounds of 68-68. His impressive 36-hole total of 6-under-par 136 was five shots clear of the field. Tan will look to defend his title this year and capture his first LJT victory of the season.
In the Girls 12-18 Division, Meagan Winans of Richardson claimed her first LJT title with rounds of 73-67, while Andrew Petruzelli of Dallas won the Boys 14 & Under Division.
The LJT season has only one tournament remaining to earn points toward the race for Player of the Year. As the season comes to end, players are jockeying for the final few spots on their respective Jackie Burke Cup teams. The Jackie Burke Cup will consist of the top-12 players from North and South Texas. The teams will be made up of eight players from the Boys 15-18 Division, two players from the Girls 12-18 Division and two from the Boys 14 & Under Division. The teams will be based on the final Player of the Year Points Standings. Matthew Comegys of Plano leads the Boys 15-18, while Lauren Nguyen of Katy leads the Girls 12-18 and Trenton Mierl of Austin leads the Boys 14 & Under standings.
- 🏆 Marian Barker carded rounds of 74-77-70 at Ridglea Country Club to claim the 2020 Women’s Senior Stroke Play Championship!
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-senior-stroke-play-championship-2020-leaderboard
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/09/30/marian-barker-wins-2020-womens-senior-stroke-play/ 5 Likes
- Ryan O’Rear won the 37th Texas Mid-Amateur late Sunday afternoon after defeating two-time champion Colby Harwell on the seventh sudden-death playoff hole at Oak Hills Country Club. The 29-year-old from Leander captures the victory with a 72-hole total of 3-under ... 24 Likes
- Padden Nelson's rounds of 67-69 give the 40-year-old a three-shot lead over Johnathan Schnitzer heading into Sunday at Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. Nelson seeks his first TGA major championship with 18 holes to play. #TexasMidAm
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/03/padden-nelson-holds-lead-at-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
... 1 CommentsThought scores would be lower at OHCC.4 Likes
- Austen Fulmer leads the #TexasMidAm after an opening 5-under-par 66 Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio. The 38-year-old will carry a one-stroke lead into Saturday's second round.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/10/02/austen-fulmer-leads-37th-texas-mid-amateur/
🔗 Leaderboard: https://txga.org/texas-mid-amateur-leaderboard-2020/ 7 Likes
- Sulphur Springs Country Club Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome #LastCall to join us as we head East for our next #FunGolf Play Day!⠀
📍 Sulphur Springs Country Club
📅 Fri., October 9 @ 1:30 PM Shotgun Start
🏌️♂️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf, Food ...
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post John Derrick Wins the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur
WACO – Most golfers know how important course knowledge is when it comes to certain venues. The trickier the track, the more crucial it is to know the lay of the land. ... 7 CommentsWell played John. There was some great players in the tournament and the course playing its most difficult.Woo hoo! Congrats!Congratulations JD! Well played my friend ...👍26 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Craig Hurlbert Leads 83rd Texas Senior Amateur through 36 Holes
WACO – Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia is 18 holes away from his fifth amateur victory of the year. He says the key for him to win the 83rd Texas Senior ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Hurlbert, Smith Tied for 83rd Texas Senior Amateur Lead
WACO – Only two players broke par at venerable Ridgewood Country Club on Friday during the first round of the 83rd Texas Senior Amateur. Craig Hurlbert from Magnolia and Houston’s Scott ... 4 Likes
- Round 1 of the 83rd #TexasSeniorAm is underway at Ridgewood Country Club. Follow your favorite senior amateurs' progress with our live, hole-by-hole scoring: https://t.co/XasNhndFBa 3 CommentsThis was my first TGA tournament and I had a really great time and met the nicest ladies! I didn't ...It’s about time you let someone else win!Karen Fiducia I played too well yesterday which put me in a higher flight. If I shot the game I ...Don Bord here is where you can follow the scores!4 Likes
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes