Texas League Play
Horseshoe Bay Resort
August 27 – 30
TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY GENERAL INFORMATION
Texas League Play was created in 2006 to provide an opportunity for TGA member facilities to play against each other in a team match play competition each spring. Regional conferences are formed all across the state and consist of four teams representing four different clubs from the area. A league play conference may be established anywhere in the state where there are four TGA member clubs who are interested in competing against each other in a six match regular season. Each team will host three matches, and will play an away match against each opponent at their course.
By utilizing the GHIN handicap system, the TGA can provide a fair competition that is enjoyable for a variety of ages and skill levels. League Play matches are a great opportunity for your club and members to participate in a fun and exciting team competition with other clubs in your area.
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager – Andrea Daly
Open to all TGA member clubs who own/operate at least one 18 hole regulation length golf course. The club must have a current and valid USGA Course Rating/Slope issued by the TGA in the last 10 years.The club must follow all TGA membership policies and be in compliance with the USGA club license agreement. Each club must have a certified handicap chairman and have completed the required TGA or USGA handicap seminar training. To ensure your club has met all the necessary requirements, you may call the TGA Membership Services Department.
$550 per team
Each team is required to designate at least one team captain who will serve as the representative for the club in league matches with the TGA League Office and the other teams within the conference. It is strongly encouraged that each team also have an Assistant Captain to help throughout the season.
8 players (men only) per team. No limit to the size of players on a team roster
The TGA will permit teams to create their own conference if there is an agreement from all four clubs to participate against one another during the regular season. To establish a conference, a Registration form (click here) must be submitted identifying the teams wishing to form their own conference.If a team is not part of an established conference, the TGA will attempt to pair the team with others in the same region with other similar type clubs. However, there must be four teams to create a conference.
Season Start Date:
June 18 – August 16
Regular Season Schedule:
The regular season consist of six matches, which must be completed over 8 weeks. All regular season matches (including any make ups or rain outs) must be complete by August 16th.
Each conference will set their own schedule by team captains & pros coordinating with the other teams. Once the final schedule is set, a conference representative will send the schedule to the TGA League Office for posting to the website.
Match Day & Starting Time:
All teams should indicate on their Team Registration if they wish to play on a Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. Each conference must establish the day of the week and a standard starting time for the matches to be played during the regular season.
Green Fees for Matches:
Teams within a conference must determine what (if any) the green fee amount will be for league play matches. It is strongly encouraged that if a green fee needs to be collected, that it is a predetermined league play rate that all clubs have agreed to. It is also important that team captains determine method of payment of the fee (reciprocal charge or cash) so players will know in advance what to expect at each facility.
Open to male amateur golfers and club professionals who meet the following:Club Membership: Amateur golfers must be full dues paying golf members of the club as of May 11, 2020
A member of the clubs professional staff who is a full time member of the club is encouraged to participate
All players must have active GHIN #, and be listed on the clubs handicap roster.
Amateur’s must have at least 20 scores in GHIN score history. Age: Must be at least 21 years of age as of the date the match is to be played.
The maximum allowable handicap is 18.4. Match Format:A team match consists of (4) four ball matches worth three points each, using a nassu point system. The team earning 6.5 or more points out of the possible 12 is the team match winner.
Two different sets of tees are used for a team match. The first two matches are played from the set of tees closest to a target yardage of 6,800 yards, while the remaining two matches should be played from the set of tees which is closest to 6,500 yards.
The league play matches will utilize 100% of a players LHI (Low Handicap Index) not their Current Handicap Index. Players in matches 2-4 will play off the player with the lowest course handicap within the group to determine the number of strokes for the match.
The team with the best overall record within the conference will advance to the League Play playoffs. See complete rules for tiebreakers.
Conference winners will compete in a single elimination bracket with other conference winners from across the state at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Round 1: August 27
Quarterfinals: August 28
Semifinals: August 29
Finals: August 30
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 9 Likes