Texas League Play
Horseshoe Bay Resort
August 27 – 30
TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY GENERAL INFORMATION
Texas League Play was created in 2006 to provide an opportunity for TGA member facilities to play against each other in a team match play competition each spring. Regional conferences are formed all across the state and consist of four teams representing four different clubs from the area. A league play conference may be established anywhere in the state where there are four TGA member clubs who are interested in competing against each other in a six match regular season. Each team will host three matches, and will play an away match against each opponent at their course.
By utilizing the GHIN handicap system, the TGA can provide a fair competition that is enjoyable for a variety of ages and skill levels. League Play matches are a great opportunity for your club and members to participate in a fun and exciting team competition with other clubs in your area.
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager – Andrea Daly
Open to all TGA member clubs who own/operate at least one 18 hole regulation length golf course. The club must have a current and valid USGA Course Rating/Slope issued by the TGA in the last 10 years.The club must follow all TGA membership policies and be in compliance with the USGA club license agreement. Each club must have a certified handicap chairman and have completed the required TGA or USGA handicap seminar training. To ensure your club has met all the necessary requirements, you may call the TGA Membership Services Department.
$550 per team
Each team is required to designate at least one team captain who will serve as the representative for the club in league matches with the TGA League Office and the other teams within the conference. It is strongly encouraged that each team also have an Assistant Captain to help throughout the season.
8 players (men only) per team. No limit to the size of players on a team roster
The TGA will permit teams to create their own conference if there is an agreement from all four clubs to participate against one another during the regular season. To establish a conference, a Registration form (click here) must be submitted identifying the teams wishing to form their own conference.If a team is not part of an established conference, the TGA will attempt to pair the team with others in the same region with other similar type clubs. However, there must be four teams to create a conference.
Season Start Date:
June 18 – August 16
Regular Season Schedule:
The regular season consist of six matches, which must be completed over 8 weeks. All regular season matches (including any make ups or rain outs) must be complete by August 16th.
Each conference will set their own schedule by team captains & pros coordinating with the other teams. Once the final schedule is set, a conference representative will send the schedule to the TGA League Office for posting to the website.
Match Day & Starting Time:
All teams should indicate on their Team Registration if they wish to play on a Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. Each conference must establish the day of the week and a standard starting time for the matches to be played during the regular season.
Green Fees for Matches:
Teams within a conference must determine what (if any) the green fee amount will be for league play matches. It is strongly encouraged that if a green fee needs to be collected, that it is a predetermined league play rate that all clubs have agreed to. It is also important that team captains determine method of payment of the fee (reciprocal charge or cash) so players will know in advance what to expect at each facility.
Open to male amateur golfers and club professionals who meet the following:Club Membership: Amateur golfers must be full dues paying golf members of the club as of May 11, 2020
A member of the clubs professional staff who is a full time member of the club is encouraged to participate
All players must have active GHIN #, and be listed on the clubs handicap roster.
Amateur’s must have at least 20 scores in GHIN score history. Age: Must be at least 21 years of age as of the date the match is to be played.
The maximum allowable handicap is 18.4. Match Format:A team match consists of (4) four ball matches worth three points each, using a nassu point system. The team earning 6.5 or more points out of the possible 12 is the team match winner.
Two different sets of tees are used for a team match. The first two matches are played from the set of tees closest to a target yardage of 6,800 yards, while the remaining two matches should be played from the set of tees which is closest to 6,500 yards.
The league play matches will utilize 100% of a players LHI (Low Handicap Index) not their Current Handicap Index. Players in matches 2-4 will play off the player with the lowest course handicap within the group to determine the number of strokes for the match.
The team with the best overall record within the conference will advance to the League Play playoffs. See complete rules for tiebreakers.
Conference winners will compete in a single elimination bracket with other conference winners from across the state at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Round 1: August 27
Quarterfinals: August 28
Semifinals: August 29
Finals: August 30
- 🎥 Sunday at the #TexasAmateur! What a great week @bootranchtx!
A new champion has been crowned! Congratulations, @treybosco! The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to the @bootranchtx staff and membership for their efforts in making the 111th Texas Amateur ... 8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Trey Bosco wins the 111th Texas Amateur after a closing 2-under-par 69 at Boot Ranch. The 18-year-old from Austin captures the victory by one and is the second straight Baylor Men's Golf player to hoist the H.L. Edwards Memorial Trophy.
... 1 CommentsBoot Ranch Congratulations, Trey Bosco!36 Likes
- Caleb Hicks from Arlington is 18 holes away from capturing the biggest amateur title in his young career. The 20-year-old UTA Men's Golf junior leads the #TexasAmateur by two shots headed into Sunday’s final at Boot Ranch.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/08/08/caleb-hicks-leads-111th-texas-amateur-by-two-shots/
... 14 Likes
- 🏆 Round 3 is underway at Boot Ranch!
🔗 Full Leaderboard: https://txga.org/111th-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/
#TexasAmateur 10 Likes
- Chris Wheeler leads the #TexasAmateur thru 36 holes following rounds of 64-71. The defending #TexasMidAm champion heads into the weekend with a one-shot lead.
Round 3 will begin at Boot Ranch at 8:00 a.m.
📒 Recap: https://txga.org/2020/08/07/chris-wheeler-holds-lead-at-111th-texas-amateur/
🔗 Leaderboard: https://txga.org/111th-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/ 10 Likes
- Just a moment... We were saddened to learn Robert Jess Claiborne, a longtime TGA Board Member, passed away on Aug. 1 in Alto, New Mexico. He was 73. Jess was a tremendous player and supporter of golf and the TGA. 4 CommentsTrevor Hyde Great man and a big supporter of the TGADavid Pocknall Very sad, only met him a couple of times but remember them, way to youngSam Hansard Always made you feel good about yourself! Will miss you Jess!4 Likes
- 🏆 Round 2 is underway at Boot Ranch!
🔗 Full Leaderboard: https://txga.org/111th-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/
#TexasAmateur 11 Likes
- 🎥 What a start to the #TexasAmateur @bootranchtx! Chris Wheeler, a 37-year-old mid-amateur fires a bogey-free 7-under-par 64. The defending #TexasMidAm champion leads the field by one stroke. 2 Comments 13 Likes
- Chris Wheeler leads the #TexasAmateur following a 7-under-par 64. The 37-year-old's bogey-free opening round gives him a one-shot lead. The defending #TexasMidAm champion finds himself in contention once again at a TGA Major Championship.
Round 1 was suspended due to ... 20 Likes
- 🎥 Boot Ranch is hosting the #TexasAmateur for the first time in history! Known as one of the premier clubs in the state of Texas, the 7,155-yard championship course is set to welcome some of the best amateurs to the ... 2 CommentsRob Addington Best of luck to the players and staff. You are in for a treat. Stay safe and hit it straight. John Hendry Great video promotion of this Tourney at this top quality Course!17 Likes
- 🏆 Serena Shah carded rounds of 76-71-77 at Crown Colony to claim the Women’s Stroke Play Championship title. The Southern Methodist University junior joins a great list of #WomensStrokePlay champions!
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/08/01/serena-shah-wins-womens-stroke-play-championship/
🔢 Full Leaderboard:https://www.txga.org/womens-stroke-play-2020-leaderboard/ 1 CommentsLarry Kelting congrats7 Likes
- NGF reports records amount of golf are being played right now, and courses are in better shape than ever – all thanks to amazing club superintendents. Recognize your golf course superintendent by tagging your super/club below using the hashtag #SuperShoutout ... 3 CommentsJason R. Smith Mike Hundley does an amazing job at Paris Golf and country club!!! With the budget and staff he has, comparatively ...Mike Hundley Jason R. Smith thanks budTobias Herrera IV Scott Terry the best around! Pine Forest Country ClubScott Terry Thanks TShawn Stoute Tobias Herrera IV second that!!Jack Wickstrom Landon Wickstrom and Christopher Blair!Christopher Blair Thanks Jack!6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Texas Golf Association added 121 new photos. 1 CommentsCraig Rickaway Website is not coming up to join the origanization.Texas Golf Association Craig Rickaway We apologize for the inconvenience! We are working diligently to get our website back up as soon as ...21 Likes
- JT Pittman joins a long history of #WestTexasAm Champions. After a final round 2-under-par 70 at Bentwood Country Club, the Midland College sophomore finished at 8-under overall and two strokes better than the field.
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/07/19/jt-pittman-wins-92nd-west-texas-amateur/
🔢 Results: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/ 9 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 92nd West Texas Amateur Champions!
🏆 Championship Division: JT Pittman (68-70-70 (-8))
🏆 Senior Division: Lewis Stephenson (77-70-66 (-3))
🏆 Super Senior Division: Doug Hopton-Jones (75-73-73 (+5))
#WestTexasAm 1 CommentsAlan Phillips Way to go, Lewis!25 Likes
- 🚨 Final Round is underway at Bentwood Country Club!
🔗 Follow live scoring here: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/
#WestTexasAm 4 Likes
- JT Pittman followed his 4-under 68 in Round 1 with a 2-under 70 on Saturday. He leads by one stroke with 18 holes left to play at Bentwood Country Club.
🗒 Recap: https://www.txga.org/2020/07/18/jt-pittman-takes-the-lead-at-92nd-west-texas-amateur/
🔢 Full Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2020/
#WestTexasAm 1 CommentsDeana Heard Smith Awesome job JT Finish Strong8 Likes