Texas League Play
Horseshoe Bay Resort
August 27 – 30
TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY GENERAL INFORMATION
Texas League Play was created in 2006 to provide an opportunity for TGA member facilities to play against each other in a team match play competition each spring. Regional conferences are formed all across the state and consist of four teams representing four different clubs from the area. A league play conference may be established anywhere in the state where there are four TGA member clubs who are interested in competing against each other in a six match regular season. Each team will host three matches, and will play an away match against each opponent at their course.
By utilizing the GHIN handicap system, the TGA can provide a fair competition that is enjoyable for a variety of ages and skill levels. League Play matches are a great opportunity for your club and members to participate in a fun and exciting team competition with other clubs in your area.
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager – Andrea Daly
Open to all TGA member clubs who own/operate at least one 18 hole regulation length golf course. The club must have a current and valid USGA Course Rating/Slope issued by the TGA in the last 10 years.The club must follow all TGA membership policies and be in compliance with the USGA club license agreement. Each club must have a certified handicap chairman and have completed the required TGA or USGA handicap seminar training. To ensure your club has met all the necessary requirements, you may call the TGA Membership Services Department.
$550 per team
Each team is required to designate at least one team captain who will serve as the representative for the club in league matches with the TGA League Office and the other teams within the conference. It is strongly encouraged that each team also have an Assistant Captain to help throughout the season.
8 players (men only) per team. No limit to the size of players on a team roster
The TGA will permit teams to create their own conference if there is an agreement from all four clubs to participate against one another during the regular season. To establish a conference, a Registration form (click here) must be submitted identifying the teams wishing to form their own conference.If a team is not part of an established conference, the TGA will attempt to pair the team with others in the same region with other similar type clubs. However, there must be four teams to create a conference.
Season Start Date:
June 18 – August 16
Regular Season Schedule:
The regular season consist of six matches, which must be completed over 8 weeks. All regular season matches (including any make ups or rain outs) must be complete by August 16th.
Each conference will set their own schedule by team captains & pros coordinating with the other teams. Once the final schedule is set, a conference representative will send the schedule to the TGA League Office for posting to the website.
Match Day & Starting Time:
All teams should indicate on their Team Registration if they wish to play on a Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. Each conference must establish the day of the week and a standard starting time for the matches to be played during the regular season.
Green Fees for Matches:
Teams within a conference must determine what (if any) the green fee amount will be for league play matches. It is strongly encouraged that if a green fee needs to be collected, that it is a predetermined league play rate that all clubs have agreed to. It is also important that team captains determine method of payment of the fee (reciprocal charge or cash) so players will know in advance what to expect at each facility.
Open to male amateur golfers and club professionals who meet the following:Club Membership: Amateur golfers must be full dues paying golf members of the club as of May 11, 2020
A member of the clubs professional staff who is a full time member of the club is encouraged to participate
All players must have active GHIN #, and be listed on the clubs handicap roster.
Amateur’s must have at least 20 scores in GHIN score history. Age: Must be at least 21 years of age as of the date the match is to be played.
The maximum allowable handicap is 18.4. Match Format:A team match consists of (4) four ball matches worth three points each, using a nassu point system. The team earning 6.5 or more points out of the possible 12 is the team match winner.
Two different sets of tees are used for a team match. The first two matches are played from the set of tees closest to a target yardage of 6,800 yards, while the remaining two matches should be played from the set of tees which is closest to 6,500 yards.
The league play matches will utilize 100% of a players LHI (Low Handicap Index) not their Current Handicap Index. Players in matches 2-4 will play off the player with the lowest course handicap within the group to determine the number of strokes for the match.
The team with the best overall record within the conference will advance to the League Play playoffs. See complete rules for tiebreakers.
Conference winners will compete in a single elimination bracket with other conference winners from across the state at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Round 1: August 27
Quarterfinals: August 28
Semifinals: August 29
Finals: August 30
- TGA Launches New Website TGA Launches New Website! DALLAS – The Texas Golf Association launched its new website on Wednesday, May 27. The WordPress-based, fully responsive platform is easy to use and has a host of innovative features designed specifically for Texas golfers... Follow ... 1 CommentsAlbert Requenez Great update and design!9 Likes
- TGA is Joining forces with The Spirit Golf Association and Houston Food Bank for #COVID19 relief. 1.1 million food-insecure people rely on Houston Food Bank and its partner network for food assistance. Help us help our neighbors. Please consider donating ... 11 Likes
- Back2Golf PSA _30 (May 2020) A few key reminders from the United States Golf Association - USGA on #SocialDistancing as we get #Back2Golf! 1 CommentsChad Potts Has anyone heard if we are allowed to play a 5-some yet. When Abbott said groups of 4, our club ...1 Likes
- 🚨REGISTRATION IS RE-OPEN!
🏆111th Texas Amateur
🏌🏼New Qualifying Sites: https://txga.org/tournaments.php?region=&category=7&year=2020
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/register-championship/
Boot Ranch | #TexasAmateur 3 CommentsAlbert Requenez Why not any is south Texas?Texas Golf Association Albert, With the rescheduled and restructured qualifying window for the Texas Amateur we had limited availability. We did our best ...Jimmy Alaniz Brittany AndrewsBrittany Andrews I’m down for over night stays in FREDRICKSBURG!!!🥰 ⛳️ 😝Matthew Lange Margaret Lange24 Likes
- The Texas Junior Golf Alliance partnered with the
Volunteers of America Classic to give female junior golfers a chance to qualify for an LPGA tournament!
The LJT, Northern Texas PGA, STPGA Junior Golf & Houston Golf Association have announced the ... 3 Likes
- #TGAUnited - Hailey Jones Today, we complete our #TGAUnited campaign with a message from Oklahoma State Cowgirl Golf freshman Hailey Jones. As the state of Texas begins to reopen, we encourage everyone to listen to the guidance of their local officials. Together, we are ...
- Timeline Photos Farmers Branch's Julia Gregg is currently a freshman at the University of Arkansas where she's majoring in Mechanical Engineering. She is a member of the golf team and competed in all events as a freshman before the season was cut ... 6 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers and general public. Former TGA President and the Chairman, CEO & President of Veritex Bank, Malcolm Holland, shares a motivational message. #COVID19 #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 4 Likes
- Foundation Video - Sierra Jameson Meet our 2019 John Semander #TGAFoundation scholarship recipient, Sierra Jameson from Roaring Springs, TX. She is finishing up her freshman year playing on the Blinn College golf team & will transfer to Texas A&M University in the Fall. Listen to ... 1 Likes
- During this time, the TGA’s priority is the health & safety of our members, players, volunteers & general public. 2020 Golf Coaches Association of America Honorable Mention PING All-American Parker Coody (Texas Men's Golf) shares a message for all Texas ... 3 Likes
- TGA Volunteer Program: “Giving back to the game we all love.” “The more we can reach out and touch and let them feel the difference the TGA can make the better it'll be for the game golf.” - Jim Brown, TGA Volunteer since 2007
The TGA extends its sincere appreciation to ... 2 CommentsCarter Page What a wonderful video full of some of the very best people I have had the pleasuring of working with ...David Pocknall As players we know we could not get to play tournaments without the volunteers. Over the years of my tournament ...13 Likes
- TGA 2019 Intern - Christian Cargile Christian Cargile was an intern during summer 2019 at Quail Valley Golf Course in Missouri, TX. She is finishing her freshman year at TCU – Texas Christian University and majoring in Dentistry. Check out her interview now as we catch ... 1 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Kristen Gillman, a 2-time #USWomensAm Champion, shares how she's been staying sharp during this time away from competitive golf. United ... 6 Likes
- Khloe Gibbs Khloe Gibbs from #LongviewTX is a youth golfer who upheld a grade point average of at least a “B” during the 2018-19 school year. She's a part of the #TGAFoundation #WinnersProgram & was the recipient of an iPad, intended to ... 1 CommentsKelly Kilgo Suzan C. Knox 😄Suzan C. Knox Kelly Kilgo...seeing all these videos is heartwarming. The TGA reaches so many people thru GOLF.10 Likes
- As we extend condolences to those affected by #COVID19, we're committed to the health & safety of our TGA Family. Here's TGA President Leslie Henry with an encouraging message for golfers throughout the state during this unprecedented time. #TGAUnited #GolfUnitesUs 9 Likes
- Only 7️⃣ days left to register for the 111th Texas Amateur at
🔗Register Today: https://txga.org/111th_Texas_Amateur.html
🏆Registration deadline for the #TexasAmateur is April 22 at 5:00 p.m. CST! 1 CommentsJoey Montiel Joshua Lamb let me caddie9 Likes