Texas League Play
Horseshoe Bay Resort
August 27 – 30
TEXAS LEAGUE PLAY GENERAL INFORMATION
Texas League Play was created in 2006 to provide an opportunity for TGA member facilities to play against each other in a team match play competition each spring. Regional conferences are formed all across the state and consist of four teams representing four different clubs from the area. A league play conference may be established anywhere in the state where there are four TGA member clubs who are interested in competing against each other in a six match regular season. Each team will host three matches, and will play an away match against each opponent at their course.
By utilizing the GHIN handicap system, the TGA can provide a fair competition that is enjoyable for a variety of ages and skill levels. League Play matches are a great opportunity for your club and members to participate in a fun and exciting team competition with other clubs in your area.
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Manager – Andrea Daly
Open to all TGA member clubs who own/operate at least one 18 hole regulation length golf course. The club must have a current and valid USGA Course Rating/Slope issued by the TGA in the last 10 years.The club must follow all TGA membership policies and be in compliance with the USGA club license agreement. Each club must have a certified handicap chairman and have completed the required TGA or USGA handicap seminar training. To ensure your club has met all the necessary requirements, you may call the TGA Membership Services Department.
$550 per team
Each team is required to designate at least one team captain who will serve as the representative for the club in league matches with the TGA League Office and the other teams within the conference. It is strongly encouraged that each team also have an Assistant Captain to help throughout the season.
8 players (men only) per team. No limit to the size of players on a team roster
The TGA will permit teams to create their own conference if there is an agreement from all four clubs to participate against one another during the regular season. To establish a conference, a Registration form (click here) must be submitted identifying the teams wishing to form their own conference.If a team is not part of an established conference, the TGA will attempt to pair the team with others in the same region with other similar type clubs. However, there must be four teams to create a conference.
Season Start Date:
June 18 – August 16
Regular Season Schedule:
The regular season consist of six matches, which must be completed over 8 weeks. All regular season matches (including any make ups or rain outs) must be complete by August 16th.
Each conference will set their own schedule by team captains & pros coordinating with the other teams. Once the final schedule is set, a conference representative will send the schedule to the TGA League Office for posting to the website.
Match Day & Starting Time:
All teams should indicate on their Team Registration if they wish to play on a Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. Each conference must establish the day of the week and a standard starting time for the matches to be played during the regular season.
Green Fees for Matches:
Teams within a conference must determine what (if any) the green fee amount will be for league play matches. It is strongly encouraged that if a green fee needs to be collected, that it is a predetermined league play rate that all clubs have agreed to. It is also important that team captains determine method of payment of the fee (reciprocal charge or cash) so players will know in advance what to expect at each facility.
Open to male amateur golfers and club professionals who meet the following:Club Membership: Amateur golfers must be full dues paying golf members of the club as of May 11, 2020
A member of the clubs professional staff who is a full time member of the club is encouraged to participate
All players must have active GHIN #, and be listed on the clubs handicap roster.
Amateur’s must have at least 20 scores in GHIN score history. Age: Must be at least 21 years of age as of the date the match is to be played.
The maximum allowable handicap is 18.4. Match Format:A team match consists of (4) four ball matches worth three points each, using a nassu point system. The team earning 6.5 or more points out of the possible 12 is the team match winner.
Two different sets of tees are used for a team match. The first two matches are played from the set of tees closest to a target yardage of 6,800 yards, while the remaining two matches should be played from the set of tees which is closest to 6,500 yards.
The league play matches will utilize 100% of a players LHI (Low Handicap Index) not their Current Handicap Index. Players in matches 2-4 will play off the player with the lowest course handicap within the group to determine the number of strokes for the match.
The team with the best overall record within the conference will advance to the League Play playoffs. See complete rules for tiebreakers.
Conference winners will compete in a single elimination bracket with other conference winners from across the state at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Round 1: August 27
Quarterfinals: August 28
Semifinals: August 29
Finals: August 30
- The 2021 Texas Golf Association Amateur Championship to begin this weekend! Hear from our very own John Cochran about the #SouthAm taking place this weekend at Galveston Country Club.
ℹ️ Follow along here: https://t.co/tCvFKgk5XL
📽 via FOX 26 Houston
https://www-fox26houston-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.fox26houston.com/video/963263.amp 22 Likes
- Texas Golf Association on Twitter 🚨MIXER ALERT🚨 Join us for #HappyHour! Register solo or up to a team of six! Price includes 2hrs of #Topgolf, buffet & more! Compete for raffles & prizes. Guests 21+ enjoy a round of beer/wine on us! SPACE IS LIMITED. ... 1 Likes
- It is with deep sadness that the TGA announces the passing of John Semander. The longtime TGA volunteer and Past Director passed away on July 27. He was 89 years old.
Read More: https://bit.ly/3xiWlB0 13 CommentsOh man so sorry to hear. He was an incredible man!!! I’m glad that I had the privilege to work ...A good man with such a warm demeanor and servants heart. He was that rare person who could put a ...A lovely man, was so kind to me when I worked over there. Have such positive memories of him. RIP John33 Likes
- TGA Par-Tee | TopGolf Dallas Come Par-Tee with the TGA for #HappyHour at #Topgolf #Dallas! Enjoy a buffet of food, drinks, snacks & desserts, plus 2 hours of 🏌️♂️! Bays will compete for #SwagBags & a #FunGolf Play Day for two! Did we mention the ... 1 Likes
- Pairings and starting times for the Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play have been released! More info 👇
⏰Starting times: https://www.txga.org/2021-texas-mid-amateur-match-play-leaderboard/
Texas Golf Association is at Trinity Forest Golf Club. 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Congratulations to the 93rd West Texas Amateur Champion Garrett Leek🏆
🏆Senior Champion: Mike Booker
🏆Super Senior Champion: Craig Urban
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 24 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jansen Smith of San Angelo and Garrett Leek of Brock share the lead through two rounds at the #WestTexasAm 🏜
18 holes remain at Abilene Country Club (South Course)
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🪣 🪣 bucket hats are out in full force. Round 2 of the #WestTexasAm is in action.
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/west-texas-amateur-leaderboard-2021
Texas Golf Association is at Abilene Country Club - South Course. 7 Likes
- Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play Set for July 22-25 The Texas Mid-Amateur Match Play is set for July 22-25 pitting the top amateur golfers age 25+ against one another at Trinity Forest Golf Club, one of the most unique venues in Texas. Follow the link for more! 7 Likes
- TGA Players Box #TGAMembers Check your email inboxes for your exclusive #TexasTuesday deal, brought to you by the #TGAPlayersBox X @shortpar4. Save on men's and women's G/FORE shoes available for only $145 and 4 doz. TaylorMade balls for only $144! Want more deals? ...
- EMMA MCMYLER is your 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur Champion! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 23 CommentsWay to go, Emma! 👏⛳️🎊Congratulations Emma! So proud of you!!Congrats Emma. Great result. Up Louisburgh!!64 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post The four semifinalists competing to advance to the championship round of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur have began their matches!
live scoring: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 9 Likes
- We want to thank all of our amazing volunteers who came out to help at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur!
This wouldn’t be possible without you guys
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 CommentsThank you! USGA Volunteers!15 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post After 2 rounds of match play, these elite 8 players will compete tomorrow in the quarterfinals.
scores from this afternoon: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 8 Likes
- The day is not over yet 🤯 The 16 winners of this morning’s matches are going back out again!
The second round of matches is underway at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 1 CommentsWatching and cheering the women golfers on from Fair Oaks Ranch!10 Likes
- The TGA sincerely thanks the all River Crest Country Club staff and grounds crew. The 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur couldn’t happen without you and we are grateful for all your hard work.
Texas Golf Association is at River ... 3 CommentsWe couldn’t have wonderful courses without them-thanks!!At every course this is the group of men/women that make it possible for their members to enjoy the sport ...River Crest is so beautiful!26 Likes
- and just like that, match 1 is over 😱 with no. 1 seed Kenlie Barrett defeating no. 32 seed Cari Denson at the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur
(8 & 7)!!
keep following along: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is ... 3 Likes
- We’re just getting started! Round 2 of the 💯 Women’s Texas Amateur is underway! #rivercrestcountryclub #100texasamateur
for live scores, match pairings and more: https://www.txga.org/tga-100th-womens-texas-amateur-leaderboard-texas-golf-association/
Texas Golf Association is at River Crest Country Club. 1 Likes