Mike Peck and Stephen Love take lead at North Four-Ball
Stephen Love and Mike Peck take lead at the North Four-Ball
Keller – Mike Peck and Stephen Love took control of the first round of the North Four-Ball at Sky Creek Ranch Golf Club with an opening round, five-under-par, 67. The duo will sleep on a narrow lead though as the 2016 Champions Brad Gibson and Zach Atkinson as well as two other teams only trail by one.
Irving’s Mike Peck and Stephen Love didn’t waste much time getting into red figures for the 2017 edition of the North Four-Ball. The duo poured in three birdies in the first five holes including a birdie on the 442 yard, second, which only featured three on the day.
They parred their way in to complete the front nine when they finally gave one back to the field with Love’s putt for par lipped out. Stephen quickly bounced back though with a birdie on the 12th. The pair each added another birdie on the 15th and 16th for Love and Peck respectfully.
In the group of three trailing Peck and Love are the 2016 North Four-Ball Champions, Brad Gibson and Zach Atkinson, the pair of Josh Irving and Will Osbourne and the duo of Brian Hatter and Thomas Kulcak.
Gibson, Plano, and Atkinson, Colleyville, too started quickly with birdies on the first two holes and another on the fourth. Losing a shot on the fifth and eighth, they turned at one-under-par. Feeding off the momentum of Love and Peck in the same pairing group, they duo matched their birdies on the 12th, 15th and 16th to close their round at four-under, 68.
Brian Hatterr, Little Elm, and Thomas Kulcak, Plano, started on the tenth hole and birdie it, which was only one of three on the entire day. They added another birdie on the 12th before they surrendered their first stroke on the 13th. Following two pars, Kulcak closed their first nine holes in style with three straight birdies. They traded birdies for bogeys equally on their last nine to finish at four-under-par.
For Josh Irving, Dallas, and Will Osbourne, Fort Worth, it was a slower start in comparison to the others near the top of the leaderboard. The U.S. Four-Ball bound team parred their first eight holes until finally seeing one drop in for birdie on the par five, eighteenth. A bogey followed by a par on the third and fourth hole saw them at even par before they caught some fire. Four straight birdies on holes five through eight vaulted them into a tie for second and into the penultimate tee time.
Players braced the elements during the first round of the North Four-Ball as the temperature barely got above 40 degrees for the starting times. Thirteen of the forty teams saw themselves get to red numbers at the conclusion of their round which ultimately left them as many as four shots behind leaders Mike Peck and Stephen Love.
The second and final round of the North Four-Ball will begin at 8:00 am off the 1st and 10th tee. With such a tight leaderboard, the first championship of the North Regional Series should be set up for a great finish. For more information regarding the North Four-Ball and complete results, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes