JT Pittman Takes the Lead at 92nd West Texas Amateur
Briefly: JT Pittman of Monahans leads the 92nd West Texas Amateur after a 2-under-par 70 in Round 2. He holds a one-shot lead at 6-under 138 overall. Brad Wayment of Trophy Club carded a 1-under 71 and remains atop the Senior Division by one stroke, and Ed Turner of Dallas leads the Super Senior Division by three after rounds of 74-71.
1) JT Pittman Monahans 68-70 | 138
2) Michael Heidelbaugh Dallas 72-67 | 139
T3) Robert Johnson Abilene 71-71 | 142
T3) Jack Anderson Round Rock 72-70 | 142
T3) Collin Clark Midlothian 66-76 | 142
T6) Brian Boles Lubbock 72-71 | 143
T6) Jansen Smith San Angelo 74-69 | 143
T6) Caleb Hicks Arlington 76-67 | 143
T6) Tyler Uhlig Magnolia 71-72 | 143
Golf Course: Founded in 1978, Bentwood Country Club is the centerpiece of a master-planned community located near the shores of Lake Nasworthy. Designed by Billy Martindale and Jeffery Blume, the golf course has all the elements of a classic parkland layout, including narrow fairways, numerous water hazards, prominent bunkering and large, undulating green complexes. When the wind blows, as it frequently does, Bentwood Country Club provides a stern challenge for even the most accomplished players. Round 2 was contested at 7,067 yards.
Weather: The temperature reached 95 degrees with steady winds at 12 mph out of the south reaching gusts of 21 mph.
In Contention: JT Pittman of Monahans followed his 4-under 68 in Round 1 with a 2-under 70 on Saturday. The Midland College sophomore went out in 2-over 38, but rallied on the back nine. Pittman birdied four of his last nine holes to regain the lead and holds a one-shot advantage heading into the final round.
“In the past 36 holes, there have been some ups and there have been some downs, but all in all it has been a solid 36,” Pittman said. “I had a double today which hurt a lot, but I came back strong and made some birdies on the back nine.”
Michael Heidelbaugh of Dallas fired a 5-under 67 and is solo second at 5-under 139 overall. The incoming Texas A&M freshman carded six birdies and an eagle in Saturday’s round. Robert Johnson of Abilene, University of New Mexico junior Jack Anderson, and University of Texas at San Antonio senior Collin Clark are tied third at 2-under par. Four players in the Championship Division are tied sixth at 1-under par.
In the Senior Division, Brad Wayment of Trophy Club held his lead going into Sunday’s final round. Wayment carded six birdies in Round 2 bringing him to 4-under through 36 holes. Mike Lohner of Southlake remains one shot back after a 2-under-par 70. Lohner went out in 37 on the front side, and played strong at the turn with a 3-under 33 on the back. Jerry Slagle of Southlake and Ed Brooks of Fort Worth are tied third at 1-over par. Three players are tied fifth at 2-over par.
In The Super Senior Division, Ed Turner of Dallas carded four birdies to shoot a 1-under 71 in Round 2. Turner leads with 1-over par through 36 holes. Doug Hopton-Jones of Mansfield remains three shots back after a 1-over 73. Jim Grubbs of Austin and Lynn Cormier of Missouri City are tied third at 6-over-par. Kent Samuel of The Woodlands and Dickie Williams of Montgomery are tied fifth at 10-over par.
What’s Next: Final Round tee times start Sunday at 7:30 a.m. off No. 1 & 10 tees at Bentwood Country Club.
More Info: For more information on the 92nd West Texas Amateur, click here.
- TPC San Antonio Play Day Event Portal :: Welcome Play where the Pros play as we head south to play TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oak's Course.⠀
📍 TPC San Antonio
📆 Wed., October 14 @ 12PM
🏌️ 2-Person Scramble (Gross & Net)
🏆 Includes Golf & Prizes⠀
... 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post 🏆 Preston Stout and Matthew Comegys are crowned co-champions of the Legends Junior Tour #LJTNorthTXClassic after posting 11-under-par 133 through 36 holes. Ryann Honea and MacKenzie Moore also took home co-champion honors with a one-stroke victory in the Girls 12-18 ... 6 Likes
- 404: Page Not Found | Mailchimp #SaveTheDate: #FunGolf Events are now open in #Houston & #SanAntonio!
Come play in our 2-person scramble at TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) on Oct. 14 (gross & net) & Walden on Lake Conroe on Oct. 17 (gross with flights).
- Texas Golf Association Registration Event Portal :: Master Roster Registration The #Fun continues with our most sought after event, the annual #TexasShamble!
📍 Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
🏌️♂️ October 30: Practice Round
🏌️♂️ October 31: Round 1 (Includes Lunch)
🏆 November 1: Round 2 (Prizes/Awards/Includes lunch)
There will ... 1 Likes
- 🚨Registration for the #USWomensFourBall Qualifying closes Sept. 9th!
🏆U.S. Women’s Four-Ball Championship
⛳️Maridoe Golf Club
🗓April 24-28, 2021
Local Qualifying Sites:
Rangers Golf Club - Arlington - Sept. 23
Magnolia Creek GC - League City-Nov. 12
Apply to ...
- TGA Announces Fall Event Series for Men and Women 📢 TGA Announces Fall Series Events - a slate of new competitive tournaments for men & women with at least one new event conducted in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and the Austin-San Antonio Hill Country area. Follow the link to learn ... 14 Likes
- Timeline Photos We have two more volunteer days coming up this fall with The Spirit Golf Association at the Houston Food Bank! Follow the links to volunteer:
Monday, September 14
Saturday, October 10
https://buff.ly/2QCnuvG 3 Likes
- Jim Brown Honored with Bob Wells Volunteerism Award We are pleased to announce longtime director & past president Jim Brown has received the Bob Wells Distinguished Service Award, the TGA’s highest honor for individuals who’ve contributed to the growth of the game through volunteerism & meritorious service. 23 CommentsRavi Shah Congratulations from the Shahs. Your service to junior golf has and will continue to leave a profound legacy..Anna Schultz Congratulations Jim!! You are very deserving of this award!Chhaya Shah Congratulations Jim. Couldn’t think of a better person who deserves this recognition.52 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Jason Schultz of Allen and Prosper’s Russell Williams card a final round 6-under-par 66 to go wire-to-wire and win the #Texas4Ball by three strokes at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course. The were 26-under for the championship.
In the ... 2 CommentsMark Ellis Congratulations Russell! That little course in Crockett churns out some excellent players! 😊Clay Hughey Way to go Russell Williams. Congrats to Sparky and Kennedy too. You guys represented East Texas well.21 Likes
- Following their brilliant 12-under-par 60 in Round 1, Russell Williams and Jason Schultz card an 8-under-par 64 in Round 2 at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club's Weiskopf Course to post 20-under through 36 holes and lead the field by three.
... 1 CommentsJeff Atkinson Congrats, heck of a tournament!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post Russell Williams & Jason Schultz have known each other since competing as collegiate golfers in the ‘90s. On Friday, they teamed up to card an opening round 12-under-par 60 at the Texas Four-Ball and lead the field by two strokes.
... 16 Likes
- The Spirit Golf Association Announces Appointment of Charlie Epps, PGA, as Interim President The Spirit Golf Association announced today that long-time PGA Professional Charlie Epps will serve as interim president. Epps has served on the SGA Board of Directors since January 2020. Get the full details by clicking the link below. 5 Likes
- Teammates Faith Delagarza and Amari Smith win back to back #WomensFourBall Championship 🏆
🔢 Leaderboard: https://www.txga.org/womens-four-ball-championship-2020-leaderboard 4 Likes