|TOURNAMENT INFORMATION |
|ABOUT THE TGA MEDALIST SERIES|
|MEDALIST PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINTS|
|JOIN THE TGA |
|MEN’S COMPETITION POLICIES|
|MEN’S PAST CHAMPIONS|
February 27-28 - The Courses at Watters Creek, Plano, TX
March 13-14 - Golf Club of Dallas, Dallas, TX
April 17-18 - Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club, Rockwall, TX
Medalist Hill Country
February 6-7 - The Club at Comanche Trace, Kerrville, TX
March 13-14 - Forest Creek Golf Club, Round Rock, TX
April 24-25 - Lighthouse Country Club, Kingsland, TX
Entry & Eligibility Information
Entries Open: January 6, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
Entries Close: Monday prior to each event @ 5:00 PM
Exempt Deadline: N/A (See "Format/Field Size" below)
TGA Staff Contact: Tournament Coordinator, David Kissane
Entry Fee: $150
WHS Handicap: Players needing a WHS Handicap who are not members of a TGA Member Club can join the TGA Medalist Program by clicking here.
Earned Exemptions: The Medalist Players of the Year (only available for participating in Open Division) in both the North and Hill Country Regions receive automatic exemptions into the 2021 Texas Mid-Amateur, to be held at The Clubs at Houston Oaks in Hockley on September 10-12.
Format/Field Size: Scheduled for 36 holes of Stroke Play (no cut), gross only. Field limit of 51 players. The field will be established in the order in which entries are received. Each event will be allocated 39 Open Division and 12 Senior Division (age of 55 or older at the start of the first round) for the first two weeks of registration or two weeks before the close of entries (whichever is sooner). Once the two week deadline has passed, and if the field or a division is not full, the TGA will fill the remaining spots in the field with waitlisted entries, which may affect the original size of each division. These entries will be accepted into the field in the order in which they were received, regardless of division. For additional information regarding wait list and when the number of applicants exceeds the division capacity, please refer to the TGA Policies and Procedures.
Each division will play from a different yardage throughout the tournament rounds. Separate champions will be crowned with golf shop credit being awarded to top finishers.
|Medalist North #1|
February 27-28, 2021
The Courses at Watters Creek
|Medalist Hill Country #1|
February 6-7, 2021
The Club at Comanche Trace
|Medalist North #2|
March 13-14, 2021
Golf Club of Dallas
|Medalist Hill Country #2|
March 13-14, 2021
Forest Creek Golf Club
|Medalist North #3|
April 17-18, 2021
Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club
|Medalist Hill Country #3|
April 24-25, 2021
Lighthouse Country Club
- Medalist North #1 (The Courses at Watters Creek): $35 (including cart), Anytime Monday-Friday, limited to Saturday (2/8) & Sunday (2/9) after 10am. Rate valid 2/3 - 2/14.
- Medalist North #2 (Golf Club of Dallas): Current rate, call golf shop for availability.
- Medalist North #3 (Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club): $65 (including cart), Monday-Friday. Tee time must be made 24 hours prior to play date.
- Medalist Hill Country #1 (The Club at Comanche Trace): $65 (including cart), After 12:00 PM the wee prior to the Medalist Series (February 2-5)
- Medalist Hill Country #2 (Forest Creek Golf Club): $35 (including cart), tee times are available March 6-12 (March 6-7 after 11:00 AM; March 8-12 anytime)
- Medalist Hill Country #3 (Lighthouse Country Club): $65 (including cart), the week prior based on availability. May book 1 week in advance.
- Medalist North #1 (The Courses at Watters Creek): 10:30 AM both days
- Medalist North #2 (Golf Club of Dallas): 10:30 AM Saturday; 11:00 AM Sunday
- Medalist North #3 (Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club): 11:30 AM both days
- Medalist Hill Country #1 (The Club at Comanche Trace): 10:30 AM both days
- Medalist Hill Country #2 (Forest Creek Golf Club): 10:45 AM both days
- Medalist Hill Country #3 (Lighthouse Country Club): 11:00 AM both days
Each TGA Medalist Series does not have exemptions into the events themselves, However, participants can earn exemptions into future tournaments based on their play throughout the series. Below is a list of earned exemptions from playing in the TGA Medalist Series:Earned Exemptions
For each event players play, they will earn Medalist Player of the Year points based on their overall finish. There will be one (1) Medalist Hill Country POY and one (1) Medalist North POY. Medalist POY points are only available to players participating in the Open Division. Earning POY points will only count for that respective series the points were earned (i.e. playing in the Medalist North #1 will only count towards the Medalist North POY standings - not Hill Country).
Provided players are otherwise eligible, earned exemptions and their qualifications are given out into the following tournaments:
- Texas Mid-Amateur Championship - The Medalist Player of the Year in both the North and Hill Country Series receive exemptions into the 2021 Texas Mid-Amateur Championship at The Clubs at Houston Oaks from September 10-12, 2021.
- North Mid-Amateur - Top five (5) players on previous year's Medalist North points list;
- South Mid-Amateur - Top five (5) players on previous year's Medalist Hill Country points list;
- North Amateur - Top five (5) players on current year's Medalist North points list;
- South Amateur - Top five (5) players on current year's Medalist Hill Country points list;